HunterJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and thats only 25mph, jeez. a lot of damage

Yip, thats what I thought - it didn't help that the brakes seems almost useless! The bumper was ripped off by the shrub, and a fence post did the damage to the light and the bonnet.

When the car landed after bouncing on the kerb I did try and stear it away from a 10 foot ditch with a drainage reserviour at the bottom of it. Looking at the tire marks I just missed it! given I was sideways it could have rolled into the water...

I've been going over it in my head - and looking at photos - I can quite work it out. Maybe I should wait until I stop feeling sick!

Complaint has been made to the council its getting picked up now to be assessed (by an Arnold Clark Honda garage)...

Thanks again

Jamie

sorry dude hope its not to bad!!

live deals us all some crap sometimes:(

(got a standard front bumper if it helps yours just cover the cost to you

its of my 95 j in silver:Pling: no gud to me but still in gud shape!!!

Cheers mate, it may come to this! I'll let you know - thanks

Jamie

I'm not a big fan of our litigious society, but...... most construction contracts (at least all the ones I administer) will require the contractor and his subbies to limit mud spillage onto surrounding roads. This job will have, somewhere, a set of minutes from the pre-contract meeting detailing exactly what steps will be taken to hose down and clean truck wheels before they leave site.

Now that's a contract between client and contractor and you're not party to it but given your slow speed and the resultant crash, maybe a lawyer can call up this as evidence for your case in a claim for compo.

I'm not a big fan of our litigious society, but...... most construction contracts (at least all the ones I administer) will require the contractor and his subbies to limit mud spillage onto surrounding roads. This job will have, somewhere, a set of minutes from the pre-contract meeting detailing exactly what steps will be taken to hose down and clean truck wheels before they leave site.

Now that's a contract between client and contractor and you're not party to it but given your slow speed and the resultant crash, maybe a lawyer can call up this as evidence for your case in a claim for compo.

Thanks Rob! The police did say that it down to the construction company to keep the roads clear. This clears that up! I'm waiting for the council to get back to me (3 days apparently), but I'll keep this in mind!

Thanks again

Jamie

Guest Flat4_ire
I was travelling to work (same as every morning), but as I was straighting up I hit a patch of mud on the road and spun! must have only been doing about 25mph - but as soon as it landed (after bouncing over the kerb) it just kept going - no brakes!

Typical roads round a building site. These construction companies should take more responsibility for the state of the roads round their sites!

Front corner is a mess. I'm gutted :(

Hopefully its fixable!

Jamie

spun out at 25mph? are u sure man? i know the feeling cos i mangled my gorgeous €23000 2000 plate toyota altezza a year and half ago on a slippy bend :(

Guest Flat4_ire
I know that roudabout well and I would be surprised if he was even doing 25 as it's very small and very tight.

ok fair enuf but at that speed ya shud be able to do a bit of control work

Guest Flat4_ire
Maybe he just aint as good a driver as you :rolleyes:

Leave the poor bloke alone, lost his pride and joy and your questioning his driving style!

oi u relax there man read up i said i know how he feels i wrote off a 23k lexus so i know how this shit feels! but im honest i know i was goin too fast ;)

but im honest i know i was goin too fast ;)

So because you drive to fast everyone else does as well! you should start a support group for people that have crashed supras, you'll have everyone feeling good about themselves in no time!

Guest Flat4_ire
So because you drive to fast everyone else does as well! you should start a support group for people that have crashed supras, you'll have everyone feeling good about themselves in no time!

what? i dont drive fast, but that day i was going too fast.is that ok with you? im just saying most guys say they were doin less than they were!