The mkiv Supra Owners Club

500 Bhp

ndwgolf

I have been promised 500 BHP with this set up???? Is it realistic or not and also street drivable?????????

Fcon V Pro Gold Version 3.1 ECU

550 cc Sard Injectors

Regulator (Sard)

Fuel Pump Nismo

Turbo Greddy T78 33D

Westgate (Tavorn)

Header Ex Turbine

Already got HKS intercooler, Greddy Turbo Boost controller

I have been promised 500 BHP with this set up???? Is it realistic or not and also street drivable?????????

Fcon V Pro Gold Version 3.1 ECU

550 cc Sard Injectors

Regulator (Sard)

Fuel Pump Nismo

Turbo Greddy T78 33D

Westgate (Tavorn)

Header Ex Turbine

Already got HKS intercooler, Greddy Turbo Boost controller

more than likely!!, it will run like a dog though unless done correctly

the 550's seem a bit of mismatch with the T78 (to small) i run them on a T61 !, do you have reliable support for the F-Con these things can cost a small fortune to set up i saw one go on E-Bay in the UK for about £50 this must be down to the fact not many people can set them up and the ones that can charge by the minute to do it, but other than that 500hp is more than possible

500 bhp on a T78 turbo !!!, you are not using the turbo to its full capacity, i would suggest you change the injectors to 660, using your exsiting rail and and get the mapper to tune it to about 18-21 psi , this will give you about 530- 590 rwhp depending on mods. Its all down to the tuner, when it come to equipment , remember it is also on how the power is delivered , no point tunning the car to be aggressive at the high rev range , you need the power futher down the range . If you are looking for good usable power , especially on the thailand roads , you really need to look at a smaller turbo ..ideal would be sp61 or garrett gt32 units , this will give excellent spool and good mid range power. hope this helps , iam sure other people can input more into this.

Yup I'll second (third, fourth?) what people have said already. T78 is overkill if you just want 500bhp (and it's quite an old and laggy turbo... but cheap), 550 injectors are too small. You can get drop in 650/660's which would be ok. And I would avoid the FCON, good luck trying to find anyone who knows much about them, and they'll probably charge you the earth for mapping it. Look at the Greddy eManage instead.

Guys,

I have had this car for 3 weeks, it is awesome, i am new to Supra's but had a small problem between the ECU and the Power Steering so I took the car back to Bangkok from Phuket for them to have a look at it, anyway when i was there they took me out in a 800 RWHP 10 sec 1/4 mile supra that basically go ALL my juices flowing, I thought my maybe 350 BHP was fast then WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway for +/-US$5000 they can give me the above items that will as the owner of the tuning shop says more than enough power to play with, he also said that by just switching the Turbo boost controller to Low for everyday driving but having the ability to switch it to high if a 911 pulls up alongside for some fun. I have to trust this guy, the car that I have now is immaculate for something that is nearly 11 years old it runs very, very good, but after trying the rocket ive got a hard on for speed

Am I crazy or what???????????

Neil

michael , you need to re-think ... i got 420 rwhp on stock tubbies with mods , tested at 2 locations well lane / york . i believe the stock setup for power delivery is so nice compared to single , thats my option.... buy hey what do i know ?????

I would suggest you get your car tuned and rolling road before spending that much money .. maybe your ar is not running right , what boost is it running now ?? is it stock . because te going from stock to 1.2 /1.3 bar is a big difference in power curve ..

It like me jumping from my citreon picasso turbo, to a stock supra , they can tell me it had 500hp and i would not know better.

Guys,

I have had this car for 3 weeks, it is awesome, i am new to Supra's but had a small problem between the ECU and the Power Steering so I took the car back to Bangkok from Phuket for them to have a look at it, anyway when i was there they took me out in a 800 RWHP 10 sec 1/4 mile supra that basically go ALL my juices flowing, I thought my maybe 350 BHP was fast then WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway for +/-US$5000 they can give me the above items that will as the owner of the tuning shop says more than enough power to play with, he also said that by just switching the Turbo boost controller to Low for everyday driving but having the ability to switch it to high if a 911 pulls up alongside for some fun. I have to trust this guy, the car that I have now is immaculate for something that is nearly 11 years old it runs very, very good, but after trying the rocket ive got a hard on for speed

Am I crazy or what???????????

Neil

Hi Neil and welcome to the club.

I live just up the road from you in Hong Kong, I'm British but been living out here for the last 10 years. Where are you from and what do you do in Thailand?

I run my own tuning part export business here, so if you ever need any thing over there just give me a shout (see Import Pimp in traders section), as postage there should be pretty cheap.

Do your research on here before going ahead with the single install, there are a lot of members who can help with advice, so you make the right choice for your needs. Best place to start would be to explain what you want from the car in terms of power and how it is going to be used (street, drag, track, etc.)

Any pics and current spec of the car?

Nope. 400 ish max (crank).

Actually Mani in the US got 500 bhp on stock turbos.. UK / US domestic...

If you read through T04R you will see the modifications he did to reach that level.. After all thet he took the lot out and dumped a single in?! :rolleyes:

I know US BHP figures are sceptical at best but its an interesting read and I think you will find he has probably squeesed the MAX out of the stock units..

All those wanting to keep your stock turbos in and get the MAXIMUM potential out of them you cant go far wrong to copy what he did

:)

Actually Mani in the US got 500 bhp on stock turbos.. UK / US domestic...

If you read through T04R you will see the modifications he did to reach that level.. After all thet he took the lot out and dumped a single in?! :rolleyes:

I know US BHP figures are sceptical at best but its an interesting read and I think you will find he has probably squeesed the MAX out of the stock units..

All those wanting to keep your stock turbos in and get the MAXIMUM potential out of them you cant go far wrong to copy what he did

:)

US unit of hp and UK unit hp is different though, which is why their figures always seem higher.

michael , you need to re-think ... i got 420 rwhp on stock tubbies with mods , tested at 2 locations well lane / york . i believe the stock setup for power delivery is so nice compared to single , thats my option.... buy hey what do i know ?????

I would suggest you get your car tuned and rolling road before spending that much money .. maybe your ar is not running right , what boost is it running now ?? is it stock . because te going from stock to 1.2 /1.3 bar is a big difference in power curve ..

It like me jumping from my citreon picasso turbo, to a stock supra , they can tell me it had 500hp and i would not know better.

I thought that was with nitrous though? Don't know of anyone else who's had even close to 500 from completely stock (not hybrid) turbo's.

I thought that was with nitrous though? Don't know of anyone else who's had even close to 500 from completely stock (not hybrid) turbo's.

me !

and a few others I know of on here have got around 500 bhp on hybrids.

T78 s are rated at 850 rwhp so 500 hp is not using the full potential of the unit.

me !

and a few others I know of on here have got around 500 bhp on hybrids.

I did say not hybrids ;)

edit: but yeah around 500bhp on hybrids seems about the norm on a decent setup car.

(We're still talking engine HP here not RWHP though, ignore US figures)