The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Me vs My Big Brother (Supra BPU Vs Porsche 996 Turbo)

Ulrik

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah badly worded on the restrictor thing. I take it euro/UK specs don't need restrictor rings to prevent overboost.

Like I badly said before you can't boost stock turbo's to 1.4 bar. Well you can but it will adversely affect your power. The power on mine started to plummet from 1.15 bar and the heat rose exponentially after that point. My peak power of 395 at the hubs was at 1.15 bar consistently. Anything above that was a waste of time and not good for either the engine or the turbo's.

So does a euro spec motor have the same setup as a UK spec one then??? If so he's allready got the 550 cc injectors and probably won't need a walbro fuel pump either?? Like I said, again badly I don't know what that HKS stuff does and didn't actually check to see before I posted so it may well allready do alot of the stuff lol.

Really by the sounds of it all you need is a set of say HKS 264 cams and either an FMIC or uprated SMIC (I'm not getting into the debate on FMICs or SMICS lol) and depending on the quality of your fuel over there water injection to give you a bit of safety margin against detonation. That should be enough to take that porsche. Like the rest say though if you wanna destroy it completely you'll then need to step on to a single setup of some variety.

Yeah badly worded on the restrictor thing. I take it euro/UK specs don't need restrictor rings to prevent overboost.

Like I badly said before you can't boost stock turbo's to 1.4 bar. Well you can but it will adversely affect your power. The power on mine started to plummet from 1.15 bar and the heat rose exponentially after that point. My peak power of 395 at the hubs was at 1.15 bar consistently. Anything above that was a waste of time and not good for either the engine or the turbo's.

So does a euro spec motor have the same setup as a UK spec one then??? If so he's allready got the 550 cc injectors and probably won't need a walbro fuel pump either?? Like I said, again badly I don't know what that HKS stuff does and didn't actually check to see before I posted so it may well allready do alot of the stuff lol.

Really by the sounds of it all you need is a set of say HKS 264 cams and either an FMIC or uprated SMIC (I'm not getting into the debate on FMICs or SMICS lol) and depending on the quality of your fuel over there water injection to give you a bit of safety margin against detonation. That should be enough to take that porsche. Like the rest say though if you wanna destroy it completely you'll then need to step on to a single setup of some variety.

Not same specs.

Euro Supra have original 330 hp on the Supra TT.

Bigger turbos , but i get the ide on what to upgrade to in order to beat his a$$.

Guess ill save up for Greddy 3-row and some new HKS Cam Gears.

About the stock fuel pump , they are good for about 450-500 hk iv heard.

:D

26 with a 2001 996 porsche, i feel sick

Tell me about it.... :rolleyes:

But he works alot, just like me.

We only save money for the cars....No sport , no clubbing really....:blink:

Im happy with my Supra, but it was nice to test drive it.

:eyebrows:

Guest Flat4_ire
Not same specs.

Bigger turbos , but i get the ide on what to upgrade to in order to beat his a$$.

Guess ill save up for Greddy 3-row and some new HKS Cam Gears.

About the stock fuel pump , they are good for about 450-500 hk iv heard.

:D

might aswell upgrade to the walbro one man, 100 quid and easily supports over 550 BHP

Not same specs.

Don't listen to people saying that you go BPU and 'destroy' him and such.

It ain't gonna happen.

You need to plan this carefully if you are to win.

First of all is his 4wd or RWD?

If it's 4wd then you obviously avoid any standing starts or non-dry weather contests.

Then you make sure you dial your turbos all the way to 1.3-1.4bar and use RACE FUEL for that run. Your brother doesn't need to know this of course, (you have to cheat!)

If you haven't got a wideband in the car then you should sneak into a RR and try the 1.4bar setup with race fuel just to verify.

If you haven't got a FMIC then fitting water injection and spraying 300cc of water/methanol over 1 bar will eliminate any chances of detonation along with the race fuel. If you inject right after the MAF then it will be *much* better.

But you HAVE to verify on the RR that you're doing 12:1 under full throttle, assume nothing.

New fuel filter and a bottle of STP Total System Cleaner won't go amiss.

You should also try a few 'dry' runs on the roads you expect to 'race' armed with an accelerometer. You may find that your tyres need different pressures (or even changing) or even need RLTC to stop them from spinning undetected.

So until this is over, you'll need to sneek a few barrels of race fuel in your garage.:D

Do not underestimate the Porche, it can eat you for breakfast if you're not prepared.

In the meantime, play the psychological game cleverly:

Whine and moan at how badly the supra goes lately, how it slips and pops and rattles (old car, eh?) and how bloody fast his porche is.

But you're gonna race anyway, what the hell....:eyebrows:

This will put him at ease and the less seriously he takes you, the better your chances to kick his ass.;)

Once you beat him fair and square first time round, then don't go for another one, he will have wised up and give it 100% next time. Why risk it when you've already won?

Job done.

Guest Flat4_ire
Don't listen to people saying that you go BPU and 'destroy' him and such.

It ain't gonna happen.

You need to plan this carefully if you are to win.

First of all is his 4wd or RWD?

If it's 4wd then you obviously avoid any standing starts or non-dry weather contests.

Then you make sure you dial your turbos all the way to 1.3-1.4bar and use RACE FUEL for that run. Your brother doesn't need to know this of course, (you have to cheat!)

If you haven't got a wideband in the car then you should sneak into a RR and try the 1.4bar setup with race fuel just to verify.

If you haven't got a FMIC then fitting water injection and spraying 300cc of water/methanol over 1 bar will eliminate any chances of detonation along with the race fuel. If you inject right after the MAF then it will be *much* better.

But you HAVE to verify on the RR that you're doing 12:1 under full throttle, assume nothing.

New fuel filter and a bottle of STP Total System Cleaner won't go amiss.

You should also try a few 'dry' runs on the roads you expect to 'race' armed with an accelerometer. You may find that your tyres need different pressures (or even changing) or even need RLTC to stop them from spinning undetected.

So until this is over, you'll need to sneek a few barrels of race fuel in your garage.:D

Do not underestimate the Porche, it can eat you for breakfast if you're not prepared.

In the meantime, play the psychological game cleverly:

Whine and moan at how badly the supra goes lately, how it slips and pops and rattles (old car, eh?) and how bloody fast his porche is.

But you're gonna race anyway, what the hell....:eyebrows:

This will put him at ease and the less seriously he takes you, the better your chances to kick his ass.;)

Once you beat him fair and square first time round, then don't go for another one, he will have wised up and give it 100% next time. Why risk it when you've already won?

Job done.

OOORRRR maybe he should just give you the keys and let you race his bro's car, you've been thinkin twice as much about the race as Ulrik has! nutter. and i was unaware that porsche built 996 came in 4wd?!!

OOORRRR maybe he should just give you the keys and let you race his bro's car, ..

nah, that's a 'brother' thing.

He needs to beat his big brother, so it has to be done in person and in style.

(Nitrous is a usual 'cheat' but his brother is bound to find out and it would spoil the surprise.)

Guest lotus49
A single turbo should mean you should be beating him quite easily i'd of thought :thumbs:

Assuming you don't come across any bends that is...

Not same specs.

Ulrik, youre missreading him :) EURO and UK-spec ARE the same :) ...except for those weird lightwasher-horns that is :D

So until this is over, you'll need to sneek a few barrels of race fuel in your garage

Hahaha

(Now i see this picture of myself rolling some barrels into the garage) :D

Very nice plan you have there JohnA. :eyebrows:

Bet you thought about my race, hehe.

Yes its a 4wd, its so fast from standing start....

Iv never driven a car thats sooo fast...

Ulrik, youre missreading him EURO and UK-spec ARE the same ...except for those weird lightwasher-horns that is

Ahh my bad, i must have mixed them with the JAP spec

I might have to race him on the highway then..

Since i dont think ill have any luck on winning from standing start.

420 hp , 4wd and less weight does alot...

:rolleyes:

Hahaha

...Very nice plan you have there JohnA. :eyebrows:

Bet you thought about my race, hehe.

Ages ago, when I was into bikes, I could beat people no matter what.

If they were better riders than me (or were pure nutters) then I would beat them with bullshit and a *lot* more power (nobody knew that my 1100 was turbocharged for a very long time)

If they had better everything then I would make them believe that I was easy prey, a clumsy idiot. The moment they underestimate you, they feel they don't need to put 100% effort. 60% would be enough to annihilate you.

So they're dead meat:D

It's all in the mind, remember.

Yes its a 4wd, its so fast from standing start....

Iv never driven a car thats sooo fast...

It's a better car than an old supra, that's not in question.

You need to trick him into thinking you're easy bait, and also compete where his strong points won't be useable.

Like when the small greek armies would beat the vast hordes of the Persians.

If you're gonna beat Tyson, you don't want to invite him into a boxing match in a ring, do you?

Best is to make him do something stupid and then sue for his assets. That's a fight he's not expecting;)

420 hp , 4wd and less weight does alot...

...exactly

There is no cheap way of beating a 996TT. I wouldn't bother chucking 4 grand on a set up that MAY beat it. If it was me I'd be investigating a PHR stage 1/BLT61 kit.

Its just regular Turbo, 420 hp. Not Twin :p

I was going to upgrade to Singel later on anyway, so might as well get a nice and fast singel turbo for street use...

And save some more $$$ to beat him....Just for fun :eyebrows:

Befor he had a Ferrari 348 and i had a 3000GT , and i still owned him.

Back then i had the 4wd and he didnt....now the tables have turned...

Ages ago, when I was into bikes, I could beat people no matter what.

If they were better riders than me (or were pure nutters) then I would beat them with bullshit and a *lot* more power (nobody knew that my 1100 was turbocharged for a very long time)

If they had better everything then I would make them believe that I was easy prey, a clumsy idiot. The moment they underestimate you, they feel they don't need to put 100% effort. 60% would be enough to annihilate you.

So they're dead meat:D

It's all in the mind, remember.

It's a better car than an old supra, that's not in question.

You need to trick him into thinking you're easy bait, and also compete where his strong points won't be useable.

Like when the small greek armies would beat the vast hordes of the Persians.

If you're gonna beat Tyson, you don't want to invite him into a boxing match in a ring, do you?

Best is to make him do something stupid and then sue for his assets. That's a fight he's not expecting;)

...exactly

Hehehe :D

I like the way you think mate.

But i guess you went a little far when you start draging in the "greek armies" in the debate, hehhe. :p

So i need alot of "lucky charms" and some Race Fuel, and need to fill his tank with suger or something, Got it !! :sly:

..But i guess you went a little far when you start draging in the "greek armies" in the debate, hehhe. :p

not really.

War is War --- it could be in a courtroom, a battleground or a neighborhood dispute.

So i need alot of "lucky charms" and some Race Fuel, and need to fill his tank with suger or something, Got it !! :sly:

sabotaging his car is not cricket. That would be a hollow victory.

But you can undermine his chances by choosing the battleground, the rules of engagement and by feeding him with false information.

There is no obligation on your part to disclose particulars on your own accord. (i.e. if he doesn't mention 'fuel' you keep your mouth shut:innocent: )

not really.

War is War --- it could be in a courtroom, a battleground or a neighborhood dispute.

sabotaging his car is not cricket. That would be a hollow victory.

But you can undermine his chances by choosing the battleground, the rules of engagement and by feeding him with false information.

There is no obligation on your part to disclose particulars on your own accord. (i.e. if he doesn't mention 'fuel' you keep your mouth shut:innocent: )

Hehe sounds good mate.

Nah i wouldent do such an bad thing as adding sugar to his tank...

Just figure of speech :p

But as you said, we are gonna Race on MY terms....hehe

But my car still looks cooler i have to say (as i own the supra and not the 996 turbo)

Wouldent mind owning a Black Porsceh Turbo...;)

You may want to poke your head under the engine cover...

The X50 pack included new engine managment software, bigger intercoolers and larger turbochargerS.

Hmm im not so good with Porsche...Might check under the engine cover as you said....:p

Its a very nice car indeed.

I wanna drive it again....

Since my supra is not ready yet.....

Im so bored... :taped: