The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I a Supra snob?

Fifty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest they are faster than i thought.... a 11.8 1/4 is pretty good i didnt think they was that fast.....they dont feel anywhere near as fast as my supra:) .... http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=9148&page_number=2

That same magazine got a 13.1 for a stock supra too, so I think you'd have good chance, but yeah around a twisty track they've got the advantage for sure.. thats the main reason for the cars existence.

lol ah guys will you be realistic here, supras are ahead of their time and gorgeous cars but theyre are far sexier automobiles, bit of honesty around here wouldnt go astray!!

sorry to bring this older post up, only just spotted it!

Well I never said it was the sexiest car around, or that other cars wern't better! but I'd say it holds it own against most cars, expensive or not.

Being such a scoobie fan, you're not the best person to judge a car on looks or stlye :p although now you own a supra your tastes are obviously improving / maturing :p

Noble M10

Noble M12 GTO-3RThe Noble M10 is a two-door, two seater model built in convertible form only. It is powered by a normally-aspirated (i.e., non-turbocharged) 2.5-litre engine. It was introduced in 1999, but is no longer in production, having been replaced by the M12.

Noble M12

The Noble M12 is a two-door, two-seater model, available in three coupe variants (GTO-3, GTO-3R and M400) and a convertible variant (GTC). All versions are powered by modified turbocharged Ford Duratec V6 engines. The standard M12 has a 2.5-litre, twin Garret turbo-charged engine, which produces 310 b.h.p.

All M models have a full steel roll cage, steel frame, and G.R.P. (fibre glass) composite clam shell body parts. These cars are extremely lightweight, stiff and possess a compelling street feel.

The GTO3R weighs 2380lbs, has 352 b.h.p. and does 0-60 m.p.h. in 3.2 seconds. Its top speed is listed at 170 m.p.h. Lateral Gs are reported in excess of 1.22.

The M400 weighs 100 lbs less (no A.C.), has 425 b.h.p. and does 0-60 m.p.h. in 2.97 seconds. Its top speed is listed at 185 m.p.h. Lateral Gs are reported in excess of 1.4. The model designation M400 is derived from the fact that the power and weight specifications for the car correspond to 400 b.h.p.-per-ton. It has both a 3 point seatbelt and a 4 point harness. Upgraded tyres, a front anti-roll bar, a smoother gearchange and bigger turbos all make the M400 the M12's big brother. Amazing on the circuit, it is surprisingly pleasant to drive on the road.

Noble M14

Production of the M14 is expected to begin early in 2006. Based on the M12, but with significant changes in detail, the M14 model is more luxurious and is intended to appeal to a broader market. It is deliberately more in favour of comfort and style than outright performance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_(car)