DamanC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just bought my tickets for Friday' date=' anyone else going tomorrow?[/quote']

Yep, me and the misses will be there in the sup, I'll look out for ya :)

Will be getting there about 9.30ish depending on rush hour traffic from Soton down the M27 and how long to get in ...

Yep, me and the misses will be there in the sup, I'll look out for ya :)

Will be getting there about 9.30ish depending on rush hour traffic from Soton down the M27 and how long to get in ...

Cool, see you there!

Anyone know if its busy getting in? Good parking?

TBH normally the traffic is a bloody nightmare. No problem parking, they have loads of room in the fields and they're not too bumpy. If you want to avoid the traffic you'll have to get there early, otherwise be prepared to sit on the A27 for an age.

So Friday .. left home at 8.30am and dropped my step daughter off at work experience, finally hit the M27 at 9ish, did fairly well till we hit the 12 mile queue down the A27 to get to Goodwood :(

Get in and get lumbered with carrying a bloody heavy coolbox, made way to pickup area and managed to lose our tickets out of my back pocket due to the coolbox pulling them out so wasn't in the best mood when I got to the entrance :badmood:

Finally got in at about 11.30 and our tickets had been handed in :thumbs: to whoever found them.

After that the day got better apart from the weather which kept raining and stopping and raining etc .. so much to see, don't think we saw half of it really, watched loads of the cars going up the hill then did a trip to the pits and round the supercar stand .. the Veyron looked :cool: as fook!

Highlight of the day was watching the cars at the start line and being buzzed by a fighter jet who made about 4 trips up and down the avenue, god that was frikkin loud!! :D

Left at about 4 after watching the F1 cars line up for the start, got loads of pics and about an hour of video which I need to edit, especially the fly by :)

Got home at 6.30 after getting caught on the A27 again!

Great day out and will deffo go again next year!

Spotted one supra in the public C carpark near the tractor area, took a pic and will post that up on the spotted area.

All in all a great day out and those that are going on Sunday, I hope someone gets some decent footage of the Veyron doing it's run up the hill :D

Went today (Saturday), left out from Herts at about 7:30am and got there just after 9, clear run no real traffic to speak of.

The Renault F1 infront of the house, the b*llocks, used an F1 Renault engine to play God Save the Queen !!

The bikes were cool also, F1's played to the crowds, loads of laying down of rubber.

Saw Murray Walker and Nigel Mansell, Mika H was there too but he's a boring fart:)

Weather was perfect, sunny/dry with a nice breeze.

Traffic coming home (6:30ish) was even better, very little and we sailed home in no time.

Great day and as I remembered it some 6yrs ago which was the last time I went.

Guest pompeysupra

yep went yesterday also, awsome day, highlight was F1's.

Hearing the renault purring at a 3-4 grand tickover above everything else, giving it a few blips and then the sudden realisation that it was playng God Save the Queen !

For me the supercars were dissapointing, awsome looks but unbelievably quiet when accelerating up the hill towards the wall....... i WANT TO HEAR THE POWER !!!!

Great day, roll on next year !!

Left home (in Poole) at 6:15 and was inside the grounds by 8. :D No queues at all the way I went. ;) (Skip the official turnoff and stay on the A27 towards Bognor. Take the next exit, the A285 instead.)

Weather was crap at first and we got soaked in the continual drizzle. Still enjoyed looking round the static cars though. The weather cleared up before lunch though, so much that I'm now quite burnt.

Spotted Jody Kidd (complete with cold nips :) ), Damon Hill, Johnny Herbert, Marc Gene, some young sprog called Nico, King Mansell, Sir Jackie, Jenson and a whole host of older racers who were around about the time I was a kid...

Best bits of the day for me were watching Randy Mamola going up the hill pulling wheelies and going down pulling 'stoppies'(?) - with Lord March hanging on for dear life on the back :D

And Damon Hill nearly stuffing an old school Lotus into the bales and getting a huge cheer. He slowed down and raised both hands bowing out of the cockpit acknowledging the cheers like you do when you've made a prat out of yourself.

No Tom's Supra this year, but still a few Toyota goodies around. The GT500 Z350 was there though and did a good turn up the hill. (I think Richard Lyons may have got best time of the day, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

Surprise of the day has to be what we all knew all along - the fastest thing on the road is White Van Man. Last year's fastest driver Justin Law took to the hill in a Transit complete with ladder on the roof, flashing orange light and compulsory England flag. You can see it in the pic behind Jody.

The hidden secret was the complete running gear and suspension from a Jag XK200 in the back! He went over the finishing line at 95mph... :D

A great day yet again. If you haven't been, the one thing you'll never forget is the smell of burning rubber. :D

aDsc01738.jpg

aDsc01739.jpg

aDsc01766.jpg

aDsc01788.jpg

aDsc01827.jpg

aDsc01831.jpg

aDsc01851.jpg

aDsc01858.jpg

aDsc01867.jpg

aDsc01869.jpg

• 1 year later...