The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Attending The British Rally Championship At Mallory Park

Guest Bijal

Guest Bijal

Ok, guys, there have been 3 road legal cars that have been chosen to go "head to head" on the track with the Rally Cars. Our MKIV Supra Turbo is one of them....we would really like as many people as we can get from this forum to come and support us at this event. Its going to be a fun and interesting day out....especially when our Future Motorsports Demo Supra Goes out head to head with one of the rally cars.:duel: The Link below explains everything and has much more information about the event...

BRC Live 19th March:

What is the BRC?

The British Rally Championship (BRC) is made up of rallies throughout Britain, consisting of:

• BRC Live, Mallory Park, Leicestershire – 19 March;

• Pirelli International Rally, Carlisle, Cumbria – 13-14 May;

• Jim Clark Memorial Rally, Kelso, Scottish Borders – 7-8 July;

• Manx International Rally, Douglas, Isle of Man - 3-5 Aug;

• Ulster International Rally, Armagh, Northern Ireland – 1-2 Sept;

• International Rally Yorkshire, Pickering, York – 7 Oct;

• Wales Rally GB, Cardiff, Wales – 1-3 Dec;

The BRC consists of Group N Rally Cars (Production cars modified to rally rules, 4wd NOT WRC), super 1600 (1.6 2wd), super 2000 (4wd 2.0 non turbo). These cars will be running in a number of events. Subaru Cup & the Mitsubishi Evolution Cup, as well as the BRC Rally Masters & BRC Stars of the Future all participate in the BRC.

The British Rally Championship is the very top level of rallying in the UK, an international series of 6 events using rules and regulations current to the World Rally Championship.

Rally Masters is a series for competitors who hold a National A Licence as opposed to the International. These are your top clubman , again, 6 events, shorter distance and duration. The Stars of the Future are beginners and novices, National B license holders, 6 events of shorter distance and duration.

The Subaru cup is a class category within the BRC and so is the Evo challenge. The Evo cup is a class category within the Rally Masters.

General Overview:

Mallory Park is situated in the village of Kirby Mallory just off the A47, between Leicester and Hinckley. The circuit is sign posted from the A47.

The whole of the circuit will be used for the BRC rally cars, slowly sideways, super bikes and the drifting. The sprinting will take place along the main straight, with cars then completing a full lap, returning at the main straight and start line.

All track vehicles will be situated in the paddock area, which will only be accessible on Saturday, and on Sunday morning before 8am. All vehicles will exit the paddock area through the pit lane exit. Vehicles will return to the paddock by turning right at “Devils Elbow” and re-entering near to building 14.

The paddock area will contain stands for all the BRC, super bikes, grp b cars, CL, small club stands. All of which will need to be in place on the Saturday (this relates to any vehicles on these stands).

Club parking will be located along the Start/ Finish straight on the opposite side to the paddock.

Show n Shine area will be inline with the Total Bridge, next to the club parking. Trade stands will also be located in this area.

The whole of the circuit is viewable, by either foot or car. There is a road that extends around the outside of the entire circuit.

Normal parking will use the standard Mallory carparks.

http://www.brcweb.co.uk/brclive/

Bijal

:)

Calendar link added here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=299&day=2006-3-19

Guest Bijal
We need pics and a full spec of your Supra!!!

LOL! you guys....:p

this sunday we have been invited to a promotional photo shoot with the british rally championhip rally cars at Mallory Park, Leicester. this photo shoot is for their promotional magazines, website...news letters etc.

i will have the shoots on email on monday.

will then post them up here for you guys...;)

bijal

Guest Bijal

yes please, the more of you come the better fun it will be....its all about having fun on the day and it will be very interesting to see how a road going supra performs with a full rally spec Scooby or an Evo on the track.

the supra is running around 850bhp to the flywheel. but the plan is to run it at around 500-600bhp at the flywheel instead.

i will be re-mapping the car to run less power but more torque and better acceleration with reduced lag. its hard to find this balance but i am sure with some hard work we can pull it off.

the suspension will also be fine tweaked for the day during testing.

i was hoping to get the role cage and bucket seats in on time but i dont think they will arrive on time so will have to get it ready for the next event we attend.

i will most likely just borrow a bucket seat for the day off a mate and that will do the trick....:eyebrows:

bijal

hi i'll look forward to it just had to look and see if i was off work and well can you believe it i am. I'll bring my camera as i could do with some more photo's for my portfolio! and any good one keep in touch and i'll e-mail them to you.

Guest Bijal

thats excellent guys...

please ensure yuo pop over and say hello if you get time...

thank you for your support...

look forward to seeing you there..

bijal

Guest Bijal
iam trying to get over, however i move house the following friday and the missus will go nuts if i spend the last full day i have at mallory and not packing bloody boxs.

:(

start packing now boy.....:whip:

Guest Bijal
don't think so mate.

Its the day after my Birthday.

Let me know if your deffo going and I may reconsider :)

i'm going, that should be good enough for you ed? :gayfight:

Guest Bijal
Will definately be there and try to bring a few others. :D

please do...make sure you pop over and say hello.

bijal

Guest Bijal
I will try to bring a few mates too of I can make it (looking more and more likely)

How do we find you/where will you be - I'ver never been to the circuit before. I guess you'll be one of the sets of people with a Supra :D

i'll be easily noticed, i have a noisy supra with a massive F.M logo on the side of the car, and besides that there will only be 1 supra in the pits and track...

mallory is quite a good track for what it is...almost any part of mallory you can see almost every part of the track, pits and lounge area.

bijal