The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Attending The British Rally Championship At Mallory Park

Guest Bijal

I can't make it now, I had a phone call last night asking me to teach on a scuba diving course as they didn't have enough instructors, sorry guys I was REALLY looking forward to coming along and supporting you :(

Please let us all know how you got on and share any photos & videos you take! :)

Guest Bijal
so everything set for sunday then?? hope so!! and where do we meet up?? have we got a special place to park?? looking forward to it. do you know what time you are on the track??

thank you....i wasnt able to influence the existing cruise leicester club stand to ahve supras parked there becasue that space is already alocated with very minimal spaces.

having said that the main car park is fine, all supras or supra owners attending can park there.

not sure what time we'll be on but i have to be there for 7am. our briefing is at 8pm and then a possible few test runs and practice laps (and launches :eyebrows: ).

hope to see then.

bijal

:)

Guest Bijal
I can't make it now, I had a phone call last night asking me to teach on a scuba diving course as they didn't have enough instructors, sorry guys I was REALLY looking forward to coming along and supporting you :(

Please let us all know how you got on and share any photos & videos you take! :)

what a shame, but work is work i guess. we are trying to arrange in car footage and there will be outside videos anyway which we will have access to. i will make sure they are all posted with pics :D

bijal

Guest Bijal
i'm going and i am a qualified photographer keep in touch and i'll send you some by e-mail after the event ok

yes, please do. very kind of you mate.

thank you.

bijal

what a shame, but work is work i guess. we are trying to arrange in car footage and there will be outside videos anyway which we will have access to. i will make sure they are all posted with pics :D

bijal

I'm not even getting paid for it as it's a hobby, not my job!

Anyways, sorry bijal - let us know of future events and I'll do my best to be there.

Just to check - what time will it be going on until? There isn't anything on the Saturday is there?

Steve

I was at Mallory Park today :) ...couldnt hear the result of the 'cruise vs rally' race though....who won?

All I did manage to hear was that the black Supra had trouble getting grip from the launch...but both Supra's looked sweet coming out the long right bend (engine killer) towards the chicane far side of the pits.

That Audi Sport could shift, shame the other Audi lost 5th gear, would have been nice to see that get going.

Saw a couple other Supras there as I was leaving, 2 silver (1 followed me out of Mallory) and one blue with matching blue stock alloys.

I was at Mallory Park today :) ...couldn't hear the result of the 'cruise vs rally' race though....who won?

All I did manage to hear was that the black Supra had trouble getting grip from the launch...

Rally boys won :)

I thought i put on a show on how to spin in all gears (minus 2) ;)

We had no chance with them Rally 4WD B cars 0 to 100 mtrs.

I thought i put on a show on how to spin in all gears (minus 2)

lol

The 4WD Audi Sport looked to be the fastest thing on the track the whole day.

I didnt realise the Supra's were actually racing until I saw them head off to the track, just thought there was a 'leicester cruise' meet going on (I hadnt seen this thread before then).

I was there too. Had a great day out, good to see the Supra's on track.

Saw 3 other Supra's there aswell along with a few familiar faces that had left the Supra's at home. I was impressed with the pace of the Stobart Fiesta!! 220bhp from the 1.6 Zetec lump, shame its a FWD Ford really!! :lol:

Guest Bijal

yeah, was a fun day out...shame the organisers changed the plans, otherwise would have been even more fun on with the track action.

loved it on the warm up lap, when i was constantly pulling away from the impreza rally car....:D pissed him off i think!!!

best bit about the day i think was to chill out with Colin McRae in the v.i.p lounge :eyebrows:

i will post up some pics very shortly on the 1st post...

thank you all.

bijal

Colin didnt do too bad in the Rage buggy :)

Did anyone see the Rally Car Relay event?...2 Group B cars crashed into each other (a Lancia something skidded into an ex-works opel manta)...neither driver was happy to say the least. Wierd thing was the Lancia was 'safari' spec, so had a massive bull bar on the front...and it came out worse off (from the looks of it)