The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras V Scoobies

SilverSoop

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one mate i'll give him a bell, cos the prices ive had so far have been well dear and i can barely afford to the run her as you well know!!

Silver 94 j-spec n/a supra

Prices of what mate? TT's? CW does any sort of work on cars too - services etc, not sure how far it'd be from you though, but I'm sure he could courier the de-cat pipes to you and you could get them fitted by someone (or try it yourself with a small risk of things going tits up!)

Yeah thats mine, what do ya think, she only got 48k on the clock

Nice motor mate, not a fan of the gold alloys, but each to their own. Looks good cos it's low mileage and virtually stock - best way to buy imo. Excellent potential project car :)

Yeah cheers, i went for that supe cos you dont see that many silver ones going round with gold alloys like that, i think its suits the car perfectly. Those wheels look better in the flesh, if you are coming the basingstoke meet tomorrow, you will see what i mean. Eventually though, im gona buy a set of the konig holes alloys 19'' gunmetal. That will look nice

Yeah cheers, i went for that supe cos you dont see that many silver ones going round with gold alloys like that, i think its suits the car perfectly. Those wheels look better in the flesh, if you are coming the basingstoke meet tomorrow, you will see what i mean. Eventually though, im gona buy a set of the konig holes alloys 19'' gunmetal. That will look nice

Sweet, the person you have to please the most is yourself matey, don't mean shit if anyone else likes or doesn't like your car. Pretty sure there's stuff I've done or doing to mine that some won't like but who cares eh?!!! Not in that area mate, otherwise I might have made an appearance there. I'm a northern monkey you see :D

Jesus boys, you been posting till gone 2am!!

I used to own a UK spec Impreza Turbo (not sti, WRX, P1 - just standard), whilst at the same time owning a 96 NA (one cat out, filter, but no other performance mods). On the last day I had the scooby I had a race with my mate in it and me in the NA. The scooby was faster to 60 no question, but upto 120 the NA would come back and overtake.

Round corners, the scooby wins hands down, and in the wet its the same....

Nick

TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 SZ 1994, NOW £6,495

The dude that sold you the car, did he look like this by any chance?

http://www.tricktape.com/ProductImages/0hrchelmets/Ultramax_BalaclavaTH.jpg

Guest Flat4_ire
:yeahthat:

It also depends which type of scoobie you're talking about. The old classic shape is lighter and the Type R and P1 are very quick indeed (though in the dry still not a match for any decent supra). The new shape ones are no real match in the dry, they're the same weight as a Jspec Supra but have a lot less torque

im not even gonna comment on this topic(after this) but just to say, homer you are talking crap, simple crap, and the newage scooby is NOT the same weight as a mkiv supra!! my sti type r impreza would take my tt supra unless we are flying along a motorway at over 100, im not bpu yet so maybe that will make a nice difference..do NOT underestimate the performance in scoobies with a good driver! trust me.i love my TT and i loved my Type R too,2 very great and 2 very different cars.

im not even gonna comment on this topic(after this) but just to say, homer you are talking crap, simple crap, and the newage scooby is NOT the same weight as a mkiv supra!! my sti type r impreza would take my tt supra unless we are flying along a motorway at over 100, im not bpu yet so maybe that will make a nice difference..do NOT underestimate the performance in scoobies with a good driver! trust me.i love my TT and i loved my Type R too,2 very great and 2 very different cars.

Dude not to start another war or anything, but this is exactly the reason why some members have a problem with you - why can't you speak a bit more like an adult rather than saying "you're talking crap, simple crap"? There's no need to jump on someone's back just because they get something wrong! We're all human, just relax, and talk to people the way you would want to be spoken to yeah?

Jesus boys, you been posting till gone 2am!!

I used to own a UK spec Impreza Turbo (not sti, WRX, P1 - just standard), whilst at the same time owning a 96 NA (one cat out, filter, but no other performance mods). On the last day I had the scooby I had a race with my mate in it and me in the NA. The scooby was faster to 60 no question, but upto 120 the NA would come back and overtake.

Round corners, the scooby wins hands down, and in the wet its the same....

Nick

I find it more strange that you were posting at 8.27am my friend :p

Guest chiefvinso

Scoobies are in the the div 2 and Supra is in the premiership. The TT would rip a standard scooby apart in all areas.

Guest chiefvinso
Dude not to start another war or anything, but this is exactly the reason why some members have a problem with you - why can't you speak a bit more like an adult rather than saying "you're talking crap, simple crap"? There's no need to jump on someone's back just because they get something wrong! We're all human, just relax, and talk to people the way you would want to be spoken to yeah?

He cant, he has problems communicating (hes an internet tough guy) and I'm surprised that he hasnt been banned.

He cant, he has problems communicating (hes an internet tough guy) and I'm surprised that he hasnt been banned.

No kidding, I'm not one to whine and whinge but I'm a bit fed up of people speaking to other people like turd. We should all be friends here, after all we all have something in common :D

Guest chiefvinso
No kidding, I'm not one to whine and whinge but I'm a bit fed up of people speaking to other people like turd. We should all be friends here, after all we all have something in common :D

I agree, its only a matter of manners regardless of what people drive and people have their own view/opinions on everything. If you dont agree it doesnt give you (not you) the right to start hurling abuse. Just accept that someone has an opinion :D