The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been Out In Jamie's T88

terribleturner

The twin plate Giken in my Skyline drives virtually like a stock one. My mother could drive it without comment. All the HKS ones seem very snatchy, the Giken ones have a much more progressive release mechanism. I can do very good prices on Giken installations.

hi chris can you email me a price on a giken clutch fitted....and where are you thanks jamie... [email protected]

Dont forget Leon Green is in MK, probably a lot easier to get to.

ok thanks......just had a chat with turbofit and sam is gonna check it out for me....everyone says stick with it as its a very good clutch and that i will get the hang of it:)

Guest Flat4_ire

jamie, does ur clutch make a funny grinding noise when u push it down? if so then its probably a twin/tripple plate carbon clutch, as long as she puts the power down i couldnt care if it sounded like a cow mooing ;)

jamie, does ur clutch make a funny grinding noise when u push it down? if so then its probably a twin/tripple plate carbon clutch, as long as she puts the power down i couldnt care if it sounded like a cow mooing ;)

yea sounds like a bag of nails....its not that that bothers me.....its very light aswell....its just so snatchy....very hard to drive smoothly....but i think im gonna stick with it for a few weeks at least:)

Guest Flat4_ire
yea sounds like a bag of nails....its not that that bothers me.....its very light aswell....its just so snatchy....very hard to drive smoothly....but i think im gonna stick with it for a few weeks at least:)
yeah thats it so, bites extremely quick..leave it for a weeks? man id keep it, unless it fails you i wouldnt change it!

Guest Flat4_ire
just had a chat with sam of turbofit ....she is gonna give me a lesson in clutch control on saturday......she said i need some 3" heels:D :D

what u need to do is not let a woman drive your 670 horsie motor, thats what you need to do! ul be flying in a month and u wont want to change it!!

;)

The HKS Triple i had on mine was hard work, i have a sloped drive way and it was a task to get it on and off the drive every time i drove it lol oh and your right they do sound very loud :)

If you cant get used to it then go for a Giken ;) ive had 3 now and there superb and alot quieter but you can never get rid of the plate rattle

Mike