The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Return of the scud-UK scoop fitting

dude

Originally posted by Jake

Hey Dude,

I posted those pics in a newsgroup I hang out in, most of the guys there are yanks or canadians. They all saw the In Progress pics from the respray to.

Here's a selection of their comments :

It must be nice to have a job where folks admire your work.

hey dude i find what you do with pc's much more impresive but thats the way it goes if we could all do everything it would be a pretty boring place , got to say this was a challenge as i had to make up the brackets to hold the front of the scoop down and was sh***g meself incase i f****d up jakes bonnet , i know how the soundproofing will go , what you dont see is the grill and genuine 'gasket' that i made Jake buy , this finishes the job and makes it look factory finish , ive got to say that if i had a stock bonnet i would DEFFO be fitting the uk scoop , its got to be the only bit off a uk worth having :cool:

dude

:flame Dev :flame Dev

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Paul E

OK Calm down now guys - when a guy starts getting a 'chubby' over Dude (!) it's time to put the top back on the bottle - stub out the roach and call it a day!

:p

If you went to a gay club and no one made a pass at you would you be annoyed or flattered ???????????????????

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Paul

That and the Lights, Brakes......etc, oh and the insurance ;)

Paul

Lights ??? front or rear ???? and those glass ones are very heavy , brakes , yeah ok the uk's are 'slightly' better , insurancs , i think thats getting closer all the time now , BTW i want to fit the EGR so as my exhaust gets so friggin hot it glows , could you advise on this mod ?????;)

Originally posted by dude

BTW i want to fit the EGR so as my exhaust gets so friggin hot it glows , could you advise on this mod ?????;)

Dude, that is probably a good reply/comeback but as I'm thick and don't have a clue what a f*cking 'EGR' is, it's lost on me :D

(BTW, what's an EGR ?)

Paul

Originally posted by Gordon F

Dude

I'd be more impressed if you could reverse the process - i.e cut the scoop off a UK car, fill in the massive hole, and smooth it over for a nice, aerodynamic, J-Spec shape. Oh, and lose the headlamp washers for no extra charge :)

Hehe, I do like the clean look... but I also like the bits look :D Cleaning the bonnet would be much easier without the scoop thats 4 sure!

Originally posted by GavinL

Better ABS on the UK spec

Strange that they put the better system on the slower car isnt it , Bobbeh yeah ive got the (hides in shame) UK injectors but they make my car feel all lardy and comfortable so im gonna be changing them soon for some real man-size injectors.

Ive got a feeling that a lot of people may be having this scoop fitted soon as it really does improve the look of the front end , it really seems to have transformed Jakes car , it doesnt even look russet brown anymore:D .

Next Victims appear to be

Matt 'no more Mr Nice Guy' Harwood

Paul 'whats that wet patch' Evans (no i wont put neons behind it)

Strange that they put the better system on the slower car isnt it

But UK is heavier and isn't limited to 112MPH.

Ive got a feeling that a lot of people may be having this scoop fitted soon as it really does improve the look of the front end , it really seems to have transformed Jakes car

When the garage crashed mine I persuaded them to put a UK bonnet with scoop on as I think it really improves the looks. When I collected it there was the standard J spec one :-((((

How about a Ferrari 550 style scoop???

Originally posted by Keith C

Did the scoop not come with a grill?

I repeat:)

got to say this was a challenge as i had to make up the brackets to hold the front of the scoop down and was sh***g meself incase i f****d up jakes bonnet , i know how the soundproofing will go , what you dont see is the grill and genuine 'gasket' that i made Jake buy , this finishes the job and makes it look factory finish , ive got to say that if i had a stock bonnet i would DEFFO be fitting the uk scoop , its got to be the only bit off a uk worth having

dude

overall finished pic , ive found a wonderfull product Jake , its called WAX

dunk 100.jpg

Originally posted by Steve W

Did anybody answer "PAUL"s EGR question ? ? ?

or, did I miss the response and I'm just a bit thicker than 'normal'? ?

:conf: :sly:

Exhaust Gas Recirculation system or blowtorch as us fast flash j-spec guys call it :baa:

Thanks for the support Steve ;)

Right guys, exhaust gas whatever thingy? I now know what it stands for, what is it?

Sorry Dude, that quick witted answer has been lost a bit on us thickos :D Never mind, think I'll go and play 'squirt the neighbours cat' with me headlight washers..........mmmmm, what fun these UK spec's are:D

Paul

Originally posted by Paul

Thanks for the support Steve ;)

Right guys, exhaust gas whatever thingy? I now know what it stands for, what is it?

Sorry Dude, that quick witted answer has been lost a bit on us thickos :D Never mind, think I'll go and play 'squirt the neighbours cat' with me headlight washers..........mmmmm, what fun these UK spec's are:D

Paul

When your finished with that you could then try 'dig your car out the tarmac drive ' where its sunk cause its soooo heavy or 'waiting for the turbo's too spool' or ... no dont bother with this one ..... catch the j-spec ;)

When your finished with that you could then try 'dig your car out the tarmac drive '

Yeah, weighted down with host of added extras and properly engineered brakes and turbos. BTW, it won't sink into the drive because of the cleverly fitted 'anti sink' devices fitted to the front bumper which stop it doing this (otherwise known as headlight washers) :D

Paul