The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's Up For A Night Out At Daytona Outdoor Go Kart Track At Milton Keynes

lui

Cheers.. the aches have started to kick in now, I feel shattered :lol:

Me too! My fingers are achey as hell. I'm looking forward to round #2. Be alot better racing in Daylight & warmer too - for those that got various parts of their anatomy frost-bitten ;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent pic's Bob mate come out really nice glad everyone enjoyed them self & all will be looking foward to round 2 & once again thanks to every one that come for making it happen & the next rematch will be even better that we now no the track :D :D :D

Pix look ace. It's Sat pm and my fingers are still numb. For real!
Thats not right dude after 3 days or something..

go get them checked out.

i've done my fair share of karting outdoors in winter in rain, cold and even snow (yes). You got to wear two pairs of gloves :

- latex rubber mechanics disposables underneath, or rubber marigolds

- normal gloves over the top of that.

The rubber gloves will stop wind-chill and water getting through if it rains. Wind-chill outdoors in winter is BIG factor. 40-50mph on the straights, fingers not moving... little circulation.

The normal driving gloves will give a bit of insulation over the top.

I usually wear orange high-grip gloves for the top-layer. = excellent grip on the wheel due to the latex bands of rubber. The problem with endurance-karting (if you're not used to it) is generally hand-grip gives out and /or forearms give out. So if you've got very sticky gloves, this means you don't have to grip the wheel in a vice-like grip so much. Thing is - you're concentrating so hard that often you don't realise how HARD you're gripping the wheel and you actually get some muscle-lock in your hands/fingers.

So apart from the glove advice (pic attached of an orange high-grip glove) the next time, on the straights CONCIOUSLY flex your fingers as much as possible. it's important.

pic attached, any hardware store like B&Q / Homebase, dirt-cheap - about 3 or 4 quid. Can be washed or chucked as desired.