my new bonnet

supradibbs

you like my hood  

73 members have voted

1. 1. you like my hood

• sweet
    • shit
    • dont care

Assuming it's a Seibon Replica, the quality is very good. As long as you make sure it's been shut properly, you don't need additional bonnet pins/latches which look poo in my opinion.

I've tested my Seibon top secret bonnet to 160 leptons and a friend of this forum over in the states has tested to 190 leptons - no problems without bonnet pins.

If it looks robust and well-made from upclose, I might even consider one.

(Even more surpising for anyone familiar with my scepticism* with aftermarket parts)

*to put it mildly

I find it functional too - BPU and FMIC causes more heat and I noticed how much heat was able to escape with the vents :)

Wayne, but arn't the Stout and TS bonnets prone to leaking lots of water in. So any polished work will get ruined?? :( Looks like you'll have to get a new angle on the trader front :D

James, My car is not garaged and I've been through thunderstorms and snow! No problems with TS bonnet.

James, My car is not garaged and I've been through thunderstorms and snow! No problems with TS bonnet.

Yeah Ro, but you don't have the bling under the bonnet that will go funny when water touches it. They're fine if you have none polished bits and bobs (oo errr)

and James you should no better, my car never goes out in the rain:p

Oh yeah, forgot. :D

Yeah Ro, but you don't have the bling under the bonnet that will go funny when water touches it. They're fine if you have none polished bits and bobs (oo errr)

Hey I've got some polished bits! But water doesn't seem to get in anywhere apart from few splashes on the intake manifold ic pipe.

I agree with Supradibs with regards to the quality and fitment of these bonnets from Knight-racer.co.uk as I had my TRD carbon bonnet fitted and supplied from them. I am also undecided yet whether to spray the bonnet to match the car but when the sun shines on it it does look nice and the weave of the carbon is especially good. It is also a much darker carbon fibre and does not look to out of place on a black car and I am also going to fit some bonnet pins just to make sure it stays down under those high speeds as it is very light in weight.

2006_0115mycar0020.JPG

2006_0115mycar0021.JPG

NEO_TRD_CF_BONNET.jpg

588026000307.jpg