The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What have MaxGT done to my car?

Dash Rendar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be getting confused, but I thought that boost is just boost... And there's no more power coming from hybrids at 1.2 bar than there would be out of stock JSpec turbos running at 1.2 bar (all other things being equal).

I'm under the impression that I've switched to hybrids in order to run higher boost without risking of them failing anytime soon.

???

Guest slow dog
Wow you did that cheap!

I needed HKS big twins with 1.4bar, 850ccinj, type R intercooler, 264 cams, twin spark, dragger and map ECU to do it in 4.4 seconds and traction was an issue.

What sort of drugs are you on mate? FFS catch a grip of yourself. :blink:

if you read what he wrote down in the first place he was all ready rolling so how do you know he was not at 70 in the first place ??????

maybe you need to lay of the drugs and get a grip yeh :p

Wow you did that cheap!

I needed HKS big twins with 1.4bar, 850ccinj, type R intercooler, 264 cams, twin spark, dragger and map ECU to do it in 4.4 seconds and traction was an issue.

What sort of drugs are you on mate? FFS catch a grip of yourself.

Well, I did ask if it seemed realistic, since it seemed fast to me.

Obviously, in all the excitement of having a much faster car, I guess my timing may have been a bit off. I blame it on a lack of accurate timing equipment.

Of course, while I'm all excited about the changes to my P&J, these discussions are totally inconsequential while in your godlike presence. I'll now go and hide my head in shame and contemplate the err of my ways...

There's always one. :search:

Guest slow dog
Well, I did ask if it seemed realistic, since it seemed fast to me.

Obviously, in all the excitement of having a much faster car, I guess my timing may have been a bit off. I blame it on a lack of accurate timing equipment.

Of course, while I'm all excited about the changes to my P&J, these discussions are totally inconsequential while in your godlike presence. I'll now go and hide my head in shame and contemplate the err of my ways...

There's always one. :search:

:urock: :D :D :D :D

I might be getting confused, but I thought that boost is just boost... And there's no more power coming from hybrids at 1.2 bar than there would be out of stock JSpec turbos running at 1.2 bar (all other things being equal).

I'm under the impression that I've switched to hybrids in order to run higher boost without risking of them failing anytime soon.

???

They should have a larger scroll area so should allow more flow and therefore more power at equivalent boost, however the restrictions are in the stock manifold so the gains will be minimal. They will allow higher boost without as much risk of detonating the blades so together with the higher flow should maximise the stock system. The only problem is with fuelling. A BPU car is already at 100% injector cycle, without upgrades to this you are running risk of going lean.

About the acceleration times - I have an AP-22 you are welcome to borrow for a while if you want to datalog any times.

Edited to add - As with any aftermarket turbo, it would be very worthwhile investing in an AFR gauge.

Guest slow dog
I am well aware he was rolling its a fuckin 80 to 120 time test you retard. If you ever own a quick car you'll know.

retard lol

i am here to talk about cars. your here for what call names grow up a bit yeh let the man enjoy him self he works in it he dont know alot about cars.its the first time he has had a car at this power and you call him a junkie and me a retard you need to relax before you get banned :D :D :D

Absolutely no call for that; the guy is obviously just ecstatic with his new-found performance.

Couldn't care less what you're running fella, but it seems to me you would be better off without your head up your own arse.

Wow you did that cheap!

jesus, im glad im the mod of the ireland events section, cos your all such friendly people

Guest Flat4_ire
Good the hear you're back on the road again Darren.

I felt exactly the same after going BPU, it’s just a completely different animal. Throttle response is so much quicker, spool time is almost non-existent, and the 2nd turbo kick is such a great feeling!

However after over 18 months of 'BPU', the power I once thought was far more than I needed now feels normal. So much so that I now get a little disappointed when planting it on the motorway.

Once you cover 15K+ miles in it I bet you'll be feeling the same ;)

they're hardly at 100% at bpu are they?? thats not good