The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Dealer Policy on Imports

Jiversteve

Walk away, your money is better spent else where, Steve Manley and Nic if you need part numbers just post up quite a few of us have the EPC so should be able to help you out.

My local dealers in Burton And Tamworth are fine with it no chasis number or any of that rubbish. I had to show one of the newer guys how to find a couple of parts once :D

I thought the UK Supras were only sold through Lexus dealerships though.

If that's the case they should treat UK supes with the same disdain that they reserve for us.

Mike

Funny that, when I phoned a Lexus dealer they told me to sod off because it was a Toyota, then I reminded him of that fact, and he was all apologetic :lol:

Part I wanted most of all was a speed sensor for 4WS on a ST203 Celica (The other car).

Gave the guy the chassis number etc and "Imported piece of rubbish" was his first words before I asked for part.

I was surprised I actually went there. Again

A couple of years ago the car was in for some work and I had stupidly left digital camera on passenger seat.

A couple of days later I downloaded pictures from camera and found a pic of one of their guys sitting in my car in their workshop.

I went ballistic, Insisted that the culprits were immediately fired for gross misconduct etc etc. I think I got my point accross.

So this is the last straw. I have emailed the MD already to register my disgust, the parts are still on order but I am looking elsewhere. He will get a visit from me tomorrow when the parts arrive.

Incidentally I am talking to a parts guy in Yeomans Toyota in Brighton. He has been great, have emailed pictures of parts and things seem to be going well.

Steve Manley may get a call very soon.

Spoke to Steve Manley. Brilliant. Do I need to say more.

Also spoke to Yeomans, Brighton Toyota dealer. Bob Ellis.

Sent him some pics of offending part etc and he came up with same answer as Steve but with no discount.

Am now waiting for Toll House to get back to me saying parts are in stock. Have sent a email to them asking what their policy was towards imports. MD reply was No Policy. Wrong answer. Policy should be No Difference.

I will refuse parts on point of principle even if they match Steve Manleys discount. They will also be very aware that they have blotted their copybook badly.

If it wasnt for the fact that I was on holiday, sorting out domestic issues I would have let this drop as much too time consuming. Their loss.

To add to the fun I have personal contacts at Toyota GB. I will be pressing buttons there as well.

Will keep you all posted but big up to Steve Manley and Bob Ellis.