The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arghhh what to do

dangerous brain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many great points. Problem with getting her another car is I am sick of having 3 cars which is exactly where I'd end up again. Because of my 50 mile each way commute I can't drive either the supe or the aristo to work so either of those 2 cars has to be her weekday daily driver and the diesel mine. The fact that the diesel is an estate is neither here nor there really as I had a saxo before that and replaced the saxo with the estate for practicality reasons ie I can't tow a caravan with a saxo :) Selling the aristo and buying an auto is definitely an option but getting another one in the same colour (rare as rocking horse poo) with nice rims on and a leather interior will be very very hard work and then there is the bodykit to consider. The car just doesn't look as good without that FMIC. If I sold the aristo and the supe I'd be sorely tempted to get myself a BMW M5 instead or an audi RS2 estate.

Well thats just it. Her indoors was the one that said she didn't want to have to put the pram in and out of the supra. Now she has said she will. That leaves me wanting to keep the supra and now having permission. I want to keep the supra, she now wants to keep it as well but I also like the aristo. Hmmm I'm banging the aristo on Ebay to see what happens tomorrow :)

I love my Aristo, and it's about a million miles from yours at the mo DB, but I'd buy another Supe tomorrow if it wasn't for my insurance. I wouldn't even have sold it otherwise. Aristos are great, but Supras are on a whole other level.

Ummmm...

Missus wants an auto

You want a manual

You need some money

Sell the Supra, keep the Aristo, buy another cheaper Supra, pay the money you owe with the difference between your Supra and the cheaper Supra.

Auto NA Aerotop for the missus - 5K? Does 6K (or whatever the difference would be after you've sold your car) cover the money you owe?

If it were me I'd just get her a cheap auto car - then everything works out. And I have to say... no way would I put a car before my missus :no:

put a tow bar on the vw, sell the aristo, keep the suuuupra invest in a umbrella buggy, talking from experience and we will see you at the jap car show in peterbourgh, in your supra:) as we know you didnt want to sell it last year either, when you were getting offers for it. ps. if it is any conserlation my grandson loves the supra & the buggy. diane & steve.:eyebrows:

Tow bar went on the VW today. Again I have to say despite having 3 full sets of no claims I just cant afford to run 3 cars.

The big fight off now is between the supra and the aristo.

Supra equals 474 BHP of instant spooling directable lithe power against

Pimp my ass up, lowered, cool as f*ck, snaps necks as I go by, loud as f*ck, one off manual 6 speed beast, with 390-400bhp now, and potential for a whole f*ckload more, motor that can fit me, mrs, baby, and 2 guests in utter comfort, minus earache for mrs dislike of most of these properties.

All in favour of supe Me Mrs all my mates all of you lot

All in favour of aristo Me and common sense

How the F*ck do I argue with that

Crikey you are up agaisnt it . I love your aristo it apeals to the dark side of me not to mention no-one expects a luxo barge to flash past if you play with it more . But the supe is also a Great car.

Suppose if i had kids and a wife i would hand on heart say the aristo would stay as i could still have my toy and play with it and its roomy and usefull too .

But seeing i'm on my JonTodd i would stay with the supe but yours in one aristo that would make me swap. See you got me at it now, an arristo would also be easier for me to put my chair in it and playable.

Sod your luck choosing ..but i hope it all works out for the best :)

Yeah I could do that if I wanted to lose the £4k over the auto price I payed for the aristo and shell out another grand maybe to convert it back. As gruggs has aptly pointed out I have all but sold the supra, if it wasn't sitting on my driveway gloating at me I wouldn't have this descision at all :)

My mate threw me a wide ball last night by suggesting I stick an LPG kit on the aristo which would enable me to drive it to work and leave her indoors with the VW. Job done all happy apart from the bank manager as LPG kit does not come cheap.

Seeing as the Supe is sold, I would let that go through. If you decided not to sell now, you may be stuck with both the Supra and Aristo for some time and be back to square one. I would still try to sell the Aristo and then buy something you and her are both happy with with the funds.

If you need someting cheap as a stop gap until the aristo sells, you can always buy an N/A as they can be picked up for about 4k at the moment.

I say sell both, get yourself an audi s4 avante, i went for a test drive in one of these a few weeks back and it was really nice, loads of room in the back, large boot(enough for 2 sets of golf clubs :rolleyes: ) and then some.

It was a bit quicker than a stock Supra oh and it had a tiptronic gearbox switchable to fully auto.

Seeing as the Supe is sold, I would let that go through. If you decided not to sell now, you may be stuck with both the Supra and Aristo for some time and be back to square one. I would still try to sell the Aristo and then buy something you and her are both happy with with the funds.

If you need someting cheap as a stop gap until the aristo sells, you can always buy an N/A as they can be picked up for about 4k at the moment.

You know I reckon that is my best bet mate.