The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS remote oil filter / oil cooler adaptor

Chris Wilson

Mint condition HKS remote filter adaptor / oil cooler take off. has 2 1/8 NPT bungs to allow oil pressure and oil temp probes to be fitted. Also has inbuilt oil thermostat. Nice bit of kit -10 JIC fittings. I can supply oil coolers in a full range of sizes, -10 Aeroquip hose and all fittings et catera to make a really nuce custom kit. As is 65 quid plus P&P. Photo on request.

Yes, I kinda guessed yo might think you were getting the other end. You can buy a basic adaptor for the filter end from all sorts of places, about 25 quid. No lines, just the fittings on the adaptor as in the photo. If you price a thermostat double adaptor up you'll see it's cheap! It takes all the plumbing mess away from the oil filter area. I may even have the other "end" somehere, but i would need time to check.

You don't need the stat. It's inbuilt in my adaptor. You need the oil filter "cap" with pipe fittings, and the hoses to the adaptor, and from the adaptor to the cooler. You remove the stock filter, fit the cap with unions instead, then it goes filter cap to adaptor, adaptor via stat to cooler, cooler to adaptor, adaptor back to filter cap. All fittings are matked on the HKS adaptor. It's foolproof, although there are the odd "professional" fools around to make me qualify that... :)

Yes, I kinda guessed yo might think you were getting the other end. You can buy a basic adaptor for the filter end from all sorts of places, about 25 quid. No lines, just the fittings on the adaptor as in the photo. If you price a thermostat double adaptor up you'll see it's cheap! It takes all the plumbing mess away from the oil filter area. I may even have the other "end" somehere, but i would need time to check.

In a minor hijack, are you saying you can get a sort of sandwich plate for the oil filter that has a fitting for a temperature sensor probe on it...? :sly:

-Ian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.