The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t88 supra.... any good?

JamieP

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An AEM is the ecu for supra's most commonly used in the US , i have one its great. Contact Thor racing , i think it sells for £900 + £390 for tunning . i might be wrong the on the price , i think its cheaper. Scrap the HKS , because tunning will cost you an arm and leg . Talk to pete at Thor he will sort you out . Use the T88 first then make your mind up. A new turbo and retro kit will set you back about £900.

There s a guy on the board with a T88 for sale , i think its yurgon imports ?? he sells good cars not crap , i have seen it and looks good , just needs a good wash .

An AEM is the ecu for supra's most commonly used in the US , i have one its great. Contact Thor racing , i think it sells for £900 + £390 for tunning . i might be wrong the on the price , i think its cheaper. Scrap the HKS , because tunning will cost you an arm and leg . Talk to pete at Thor he will sort you out . Use the T88 first then make your mind up. A new turbo and retro kit will set you back about £900.

There s a guy on the board with a T88 for sale , i think its yurgon imports ?? he sells good cars not crap , i have seen it and looks good , just needs a good wash .

I thought Thor had washed their hands of AEM due to a lack of support?

Guest Flat4_ire
what an aem? and how much.... fitted by who?....thanks

hmm, right seeing as this is your first supra and big power car, maybe u should set ur sights a little lower than a 700bhp monster?

prob better off to get a nice sorted twin setup with 400?or a smallish single with 450-550bhp? get to know them a little better first, what ya think dude??

hmm, right seeing as this is your first supra and big power car, maybe u should set ur sights a little lower than a 700bhp monster?

prob better off to get a nice sorted twin setup with 400?or a smallish single with 450-550bhp? get to know them a little better first, what ya think dude??

Amazingly, good advice there. :innocent:

i think thats a bad idea... ive had and driven alot off very powerfull cars and i dont want to mess around...thanks for the concern though...

i think thats a bad idea... ive had and driven alot off very powerfull cars and i dont want to mess around...thanks for the concern though...

If the weather is OK this weekend I will take you out in mine and that should give you a better idea as to what the power is like. Oh and mine is only a small T71 :p

Guest Flat4_ire

ok fair enough, its just i wouldnt be splashing out 20k on a car that i really dont know much about ya know? if uve had top of the range 700bhp cars before i guess ur lookin good, but u didnt know anything bout t88 turbo or what aem engine managment was etc, dont come across as a man who has owned a big bhp cars. no offense intended now ok!?

Guest Flat4_ire
If the weather is OK this weekend I will take you out in mine and that should give you a better idea as to what the power is like. Oh and mine is only a small T71 :p

id ask for a spin only we'd probably end up choking each other! :yu:

ok fair enough, its just i wouldnt be splashing out 20k on a car that i really dont know much about ya know? if uve had top of the range 700bhp cars before i guess ur lookin good, but u didnt know anything bout t88 turbo or what aem engine managment was etc, dont come across as a man who has owned a big bhp cars. no offense intended now ok!?

no offence taken... just after some good advice off fellow car nuts... i dont want to mess about buying a car then wanting more power later....

and no ive never had a 700bhp car before but a couple off 500bhp ones yes...

i also have a cresent tuned gsxr1000 which is a bit off kit...so not affraid off abit off speed:yes:

Guest Flat4_ire
no offence taken... just after some good advice off fellow car nuts... i dont want to mess about buying a car then wanting more power later....

and no ive never had a 700bhp car before but a couple off 500bhp ones yes...

i also have a cresent tuned gsxr1000 which is a bit off kit...so not affraid off abit off speed:yes:

yeah i hear you, just dont like seeing lads jump right in at the deep end, cos im one of those guys myself!! heres me :oooh thats deadly, buy it then later im thinkin hmmmm should i have thought this through more? haha

gsxr 1000,nice stuff! no stranger to 190mph so! :D

yeah i hear you, just dont like seeing lads jump right in at the deep end, cos im one of those guys myself!! heres me :oooh thats deadly, buy it then later im thinkin hmmmm should i have thought this through more? haha

gsxr 1000,nice stuff! no stranger to 190mph so! :D

your right though i do normaly jump straight in....thats why im here ..do a bit off homework first:yes: ....

Guest Flat4_ire
your right though i do normaly jump straight in....thats why im here ..do a bit off homework first:yes: ....

man its a disease im convinced, i jst cant help myself! :( got help me if i ever get my hands on some real money! lol

Well I can vouch for CJ's car having been in it when he was running his T67 last year. Awesome!

CJ can't wait to have another go now you're runnning the 71!!!

We need better weather my friend. Anything other than bone dry and the rears spin like crazy at all speeds.

Guest Flat4_ire
There was one or two on the board from the Bovingdon meet. I think John K and his lovely lady had them.

ah k no hassle, il give u a shout if im ever in ehhh somewhere in wales :D

man its a disease im convinced, i jst cant help myself! :( got help me if i ever get my hands on some real money! lol

before the evo i had a f150 lightning 496bhp and 90 quid ago to fill up... i was useing it as my work car ...that went after 3 months i was putting about 200quid a week in...ill never learn