The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t88 supra.... any good?

JamieP

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

big is not always the best, i understand you want big turbo set-up but as has been said before, its a older design turbo which suffers alot of turbo lag.

i did a lot of thinking when i went single, and it took me ages to decide on the right turbo. good power but not enormous lag

what turbo did you go for? and how bhp

If you want a very fast road car... did Terry S sell his yet? (p.s. dont flame me if this is old news) plus he is in Watford - not too far at all. Tke a look at this if you havent already.....

http://www.supravvti.com/

apologies if it is out of your price range but that would be what I would buy if I had the cash.... built engine, Reg Reimer tuned motor.... :drool:

dont want a black car.. to hard to keep clean

fairy nuff..... know what you mean - mine is black washed it at the weekend but dirty looking already! I think it will be resprayed gunmetal (or RSP) sometime in the future.....

before the evo i had a f150 lightning (supercharged v8 american pick up) that was black and a pain to keep clean and showed up every little mark...

Well I think the whole thing is not black and white... personally I am not interested in 600+bhp its just not useable and frankly scary I. I dont want something thats too laggy... full boost by 3600rpm sounds good to me though of course it would vary by A/R ratio perhaps a high A/R 61 vs a low A/R 67 may give about the same result.....

high wycombe..price isnt an issue..i just wanna know if its a good car...

you will need to go and have a look at it to find out if it is or is'nt, you cant tell from pics/specs.....take someone down there who is knowledgable with supras so they can give you a second opinion, as far as my knowledge of turbos goes which is quite limited, I would say go for a smaller turbo with less lag....T-88 are used on a lot of big drag supras in the US and may be a pain in the ass driving on the road, unless you have big long stretches which you rarely get now!!.....just my veiws....speak to Terry S or Alex on here they will tell you more than I can

Guest Flat4_ire
I am curious to know why you both would choose a T61 over a T67?

if there was a t69 is pick that cos it sounds cool! hehe

nah i dont know an awful lot on these supra singles yet, alex had t61 and seems to be driveable day to day with good power?

if there was a t69 is pick that cos it sounds cool! hehe

nah i dont know an awful lot on these supra singles yet, alex had t61 and seems to be driveable day to day with good power?

Want to know what I'd do with an unlimited budget? For real street response....

A T61DBB :)

but with a manual I'd probably look at the T67DBB as there should only be about 500rpm in it (lag wise)

Why not a T67 with an Auto?

I'm talking about an unmolested auto...not hi-stall converted one.

I think the wait till it came online would make it less fun IN TOWN.

But I've not driven one so can't really tell...but the higher the power goes I'd PERSONALLY prefer a manual. (I like the auto though)

Guest Flat4_ire
I'm talking about an unmolested auto...not hi-stall converted one.

I think the wait till it came online would make it less fun IN TOWN.

But I've not driven one so can't really tell...but the higher the power goes I'd PERSONALLY prefer a manual. (I like the auto though)

guys, ur kinda stepping on yer mans setup here

thanks for all the advice...still not sure weather to buy it though!

think im happy on the turbo side off things now (iff i get pi$$ed off with it ill put a smaller one on)....

but now its the ecu side off things....who in this country can properly map a hks f-con pro ecu?..... iff i have to change to a autronic ecu thats about 3.5k fitted and mapped..

buy the car , change the ECU to and AEM . T88 reliable turbo , lag are peoples opinons , have they ever driven a T88. if you are unhappy with it , you can buy a retro kit from boostlogic and convert to an different turbo. At least you got a good kit to start of with.

what an aem? and how much.... fitted by who?....thanks