Testing the water.....

stt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
You have a very selective memory mate.
no i dont, yeh i said nice car, i posted somehwere else the same thing i think!lol.

its not like i said it was a bucket and he'l get 5k for it man!!jesus..and he did say he wasnt sure and was wondering what we thought it was worth, and i think what i said is pretty bang on not things like "looovely car shud easily fetch 10-11k" this isnt helping him at all, yes its a nice car but more than likely he will not see 10k for it! and u know this cj so get down off me!im not one of your sheep :D

bought mine for 13 one year ago today spent about 3 on it,maybe 4 but when i get in it, wich is only sundays i think yep worth every penny, and if in the future i think i want to change it, and lose loads of money on it, well to be honest i wont care, have noticed some of the cars on here for sale, i think wow, and am very tempted , but if you enjoy it, then enjoy, have noticed a lot more cars seem to be up 4 sale lately, would like to think its not because all the talk about the prices going down, and people are jumping off the band wagon, but hey i no nothing:blush:

Guest Flat4_ire
bought mine for 13 one year ago today spent about 3 on it,maybe 4 but when i get in it, wich is only sundays i think yep worth every penny, and if in the future i think i want to change it, and lose loads of money on it, well to be honest i wont care, have noticed some of the cars on here for sale, i think wow, and am very tempted , but if you enjoy it, then enjoy, have noticed a lot more cars seem to be up 4 sale lately, would like to think its not because all the talk about the prices going down, and people are jumping off the band wagon, but hey i no nothing:blush:
yah, ive accepted that mods u do wont gain u anything when selling, i remember last year and years past if u had a set of lightweight rims on ur car and a jap exhaust etc it would be a cool rare thing, not anymore unfortunately :(

OK OK

Yes cars depreciate. We know this. Didnt we all check out TVRs, Porsches, Hondas etc but decided the Soop TT was a shed load better so went and bought one? - yes. So compare a 98 TVR Cerb to how we're pricing Soops that've been looked after and modded cleanly - we are still undercutting ourselves.

Some cars do hold value - the special big BPU cars for one because they are basically a totally different animal. Honda NSX - ok limited market, but I bet a 96 priced at 12k would disappear like a shot and its laughable compared to our soops. :tomato:

My 98 aint going to some chump offering 11k. I'll enjoy it or die trying! :clap:

Guest Flat4_ire
OK OK

Yes cars depreciate. We know this. Didnt we all check out TVRs, Porsches, Hondas etc but decided the Soop TT was a shed load better so went and bought one? - yes. So compare a 98 TVR Cerb to how we're pricing Soops that've been looked after and modded cleanly - we are still undercutting ourselves.

Some cars do hold value - the special big BPU cars for one because they are basically a totally different animal. Honda NSX - ok limited market, but I bet a 96 priced at 12k would disappear like a shot and its laughable compared to our soops. :tomato:

My 98 aint going to some chump offering 11k. I'll enjoy it or die trying! :clap:

u cud well change ur tune by august if it hasnt sold yet man, u know this ;)

not sure i should come in here its so bitchy but its entertaining so here are my thoughts. my previous supercar e55 went from £18000 to £13250 in 10 months and 10k extra miles.it made me sick seeing it drop so i sold it then i bought a not so super car audi a8 for £5 K which i ran for 8k and sold foR £5300 (true) It was a good car but not like the merc so i sold it to get the same performance back in the supra.if you want awesome performance you pay the price in running and depreciation and in this respect the toyota supra offers great value even if you lose a couple of grand a year. my supra gives me the same sence of occasion as my freinds £30K BMW M5 AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE

UK TT 49K HKS PIPE INDUCTION 19" SPLIT RIMS EIBACH SPRINGS(BILSTEIN SHOCKS FULL DECAT THOR FCD NCK PLUGS GREEDY BOOST CONTROLLER AND BLITZ BOOST GAUGE IN GARAGE AND POST READY FOR NEXT WEEK HE HE HE ) I THOUGHT BUY AN ALMOST STANDARD UK TT LOW MILES BUY THE BITS RUN MODDED THEN RETURN TO STANDARD AND SELL BITS ON HERE TO MINIMISE DEPRECIATION CAR COST 8850. BPU ABOUT 1200 JUST IN MY 10K BUDGET IF I KEEP FOR 5 YEAR AND SELL AS A MINT 80K MILE UK FOR £3500 THEN THATS ABOUT 1250 A YEAR DEPRECATION THATS MY PLAN IF IT WORKS IT WILL BE A 400BHP SUPERCAR BARGAIN. IF IT DOESNT THEN I DONT CARE NOW ANYWAY. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO CRY ABOUT A BIT OF DEPRECIATION. SORRY FOR WAFFLING GOT TO BE BETTER THAN BITCHING Richard

we should be having this conversation in another thread as it isnt realy fair on the fella selling the car but in the next three months im aiming to have about 6 ta 7 grand to spend on a supe but if i find one cheaper and it isnt to dodgy then id settle for it:whistle: i just think the cars that are realy highly priced like a 93 tt auto with millions of miles is advertised for £12000 i mean wtf fair enough if its a manuel 98 tt then maybe thats the rite price do ya see wat i mean, and as i said before there is alot of cars on here that havent been sold, when im in the price range ill be contacting those cars that take my fancy eg one went the other day a black auto that had cat c damage for £6000 i would have been interested in that if it hadive been in a couple of months time:respekt:

cj im not talking the prices down im not on every thread saying "ur looking to much" i simply look at the price in the first post and if its out of my range then i move on, i dont want to make enemys on this site as im here to get advice and join yas in the next coming year, ill be touring england to all the shows but u lot are kinda putting me off venturing over:tumble: :badidea:

Never a truer word said, and its pretty transparent too!

Agree with that.

Its a nice looking car with the right transmission.....members car...history......good set of mods. tastefully done.

I wouldnt devalue the car if you are NOT desperate to get rid of it quickly.

look, i just being realistic thats all, i said it was a nice car and was worth the 10k didnt i??!

Hey...you cant be realistic as you havent gone through the process and bought yourself a SUPRA......

That car is worth easily 11-13K for sure.....now what it goes for depends on how desperate he to sell it.

Great post....100% in agreement.

Let these people jump on the bandwagon....they will soon realise that they cant afford to run these supercars and they will be up for sale again....now some of these will be good examples others will be rejects....dont price a gem of an example the same as a reject purely because one saw a similar year /colour car advertised at a stupidly low price.

yah, ive accepted that mods u do wont gain u anything when selling, i remember last year and years past if u had a set of lightweight rims on ur car and a jap exhaust etc it would be a cool rare thing, not anymore unfortunately :(

thats not entirely true...

mods can increase the value of the car OR have a detrimental effect on the value as compared to a stock example. Really depends on what sort if mods, are they to a majority of people's taste.....if the answer to the question is yes then I would expect to pay more for a modded car then not...simple.

a BPU supra should fetch more than a stock one.....however its not a matter of spending 5K on top of the purchase price modding the car and expecting all of that 5K back.

NSX....awesome machine...my next car in two years will be the latest shape NSX..

It was developed by Ayrton Senna, handles great, sounds awesome, brilliant engineering and great sports car looks....and its RARE...bloody rare....need I say more.

oh yes.....ITS A MASTERPIECE

Well as much as I need the dollars im not in a rush to sell,Infact if it doesnt sell then my bodily organs will go instead,Expect liver will be first,I dont drink much so thats probably the best part of my body!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.