The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Testing the water.....

stt

I have come up against an unfortunate twist in my life that has lead to the Supra going up for sale,I would like honest answers on how much would be a realistic price on it,The spec list is.......

1994 TT6 in Silver

Exterior:

Lenzo GM's with 255/35/18 front and 265/35/18 rear,The tyres are low so will have new before selling.

Lower lip spoiler on front bumper

Toyota optional bodykit

Carbon TRD spoiler

Interior:

Oil pressure and Temperature on a pillar pod

Apexi boost controller

Blitz turbo timer

Transmission:

RPS six puck clutch

Quick shift kit

Engine:

UK spec turbos(rebuilt 2 years ago)

Mines ECU

ARC FMIC

HKS air filter

HKS SSQV dump valve

FSE fuel pump

Apex'i AVC-R boost controller (set at 1.2)

With much help from the people of this board it was worked out to be around 407 brake at the flywheel and 337.6 at the wheels on Janspeeds rollers a couple of months ago,I know that these are reading lower than Thors so I can only say its over 400 anyway,It has 115,000 kms on the clock,It has got service history but I have nothing on paper,I know the history of the car since beinbg brought in in 98 and Im the second UK owner of it,I really really dont want to let it go but i seem to have no choice and it will be a very sad day when it happens:drown: :help: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.club-jap.co.uk/images/crimbomealcrop7.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
just a thought on these `for sale` cars here....

the ones that say it`s too dear, are considering buying

and

the ones that say it`s too cheap, are considering selling :whistle: :whistle:

in all fairness, he MIGHT be lucky and get 10k for it, but chances are he wont! especially at this time of year, its hard to sell a hot cross bun!!

I know mine being an auto isnt as desirable as the manual, and also being white, but she only done 40k kms and I have struggled with lots of time wasters, wannabe's and hopefully now, after 2 months of trying, looks like I I might have sold her for 70% of what she should be for sale for.

If you dont HAVE to sell, or can hold on for a few more months, then dont.

You will easily get an extra few grand by waiting till the weather gets a bit better and people start deciding that they want somthing a bit fun for the summer.

It's definately worth 10k and should be put up for that amount, people seem to be getting real silly with the prices, it's fine if you want to sell at a low price like 8.5k to get rid of it quickly but being a members car and probably a good condition car this is what is going to keep the value up as there are so many poorly kept supra's out there.

I can only imagine the huge price drop has happened due to amount of supe's avalaible now and with the volume of them the traders are having to sell cheap to get rid of them and coupled with the competition from other traders it's getting ridiculous! The amount of new owners these last few months is crazy and this is just on a forum!!! at this rate all supes no matter what colour,transmission, mileage or year will be worth 5k! what a joke!

Stay firm with your prices!!!

I Agree. The reason that people are putting their cars up for these rediculously low prices are because of the people who come an comment on how much the car isn't worth.

Talk about talking the market down!!

Maybe hard cheese that they didnt get much for theirs because of its not so great condition. There are some ropey ones out there. Ive seen them. (saucer of milk for table 5!!)

Anyway, belated Happy New Year to you all.

cheers,

Paul

yours is very similar to mine but you have more mods, i would hope to get £10k for mine so yours IMO is worth more.

After sending photos etc to the insurance company they agreed in the event of a total loss, a guaranteed pay out of £10k. So my way of thinking is if the insurance company agrees its worth £10k thats something else to go by. (they normally do what they can to pay out less)

try waiting for early summer, you'll get more buyers and hopefully get the right price. Everyone is poor in january, i do most of my remortgage business cos people have over spent on xmas !

Guest Terry S
aye to that. half the people talking the market down are non-owners who are looking for something for nothin. :Popcorn:

Never a truer word said, and its pretty transparent too!

Guest Flat4_ire
I have seen this car up close adn is very clean. Unfortunatly Supras have taken a large dive recently, I would hope for between 7-10
lol big difference between 7 and 10k man, yes car is prob worth 10k, and he might get a lucky one and get that for it! but realisticly ur looking at 8k

At the start of this thread I was thinking that I should put it up for 9.5 on the off chance that someone would see it and want it,Been looking on Autotrader in the local area and nomn turbos start from pennies and TT's are fetching 9k minimum,So once a few little bits of tidying are done it will be up for 9.5

10k + for a good manual,I agree people who are not owners on here are trying to talk prices down for their own benefit.:whip:

We as a club actually own a seriously considerable majority of the supras in the country and it would be easy for us to drive the prices up on our cars by just not trying to undercut ourselves on autotrader so much...

Get a goos price and stick to it! I think we should try and reverse the current trend of the supra price dipping! I mean look at skylines! They are all UP THERE and they are no better :shrug:

not looking to start anymore arguments and dont mean to high jack the thread but being realistic cars devalue i have always loved supras and its only now ive been given a decent insurance quote so im gona buy one (also a step up from the gt4) but there wouldnt be a hope in hell of me ever raiseing 10 11 grand to buy a car and especially a car that drinks petrol like there is no tomorrow im 24 and should be out looking at buying a house and a decent 4 door diesal:whistle:

wat ever u spend on modifications ull never get back:badidea: it is a lose lose situation also u got to remember that its 2006 we are into a new year so the car prices are gona drop and the fact that the new supra is due to be relised soon (dont no when so no one be cocky) the mkiv value will deffo plumit

as it says in a few car price guides for a mint supra itll be around 9500 ta 10000, a decent one around the 6000 ta 7000 and a shed around 4000 (tt prices)

u have to be realistic i dont no were half the car prices ever come from as they are stupidely high

also there isnt a big market out there looking for a supra look at how many are in the for sale section and havent shifted

on the up side the fast and the furious three is coming out maybe the market will boom then:thanku:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.