The mkiv Supra Owners Club

URGENT !!! Brake pads required

mrdsukautos

Ok i have a major problem in the fact that my pads ahave gave up the ghost on me and i am travelling to Leeds and london on wednesday so desperatley need my car running otherwise my xmas break is screwed.

I was told that J spec Supra TT pads were the same as the soarer TT pads

So kind PAul at Whifbitz sent em to me with a next day delivery for today

Pads turn up and are nothing like the soarer tt pads

So does anyone actually know what other cars are the same as Soarer tt pads ?

Does anyone have em in stock so they can send em out next day delivery for delivery on tuesday?

I am in real desperate need for these and will be very grateful for any help on this even if you dont have em in stock but know the info i need to be able to get em i would be very grateful if you can post the info on here :)

Cheers

Dean

Dean, my supplier has j-spec front and rear TRD pads in stock, I could send by airmail which would take 7-10 days (bit longer due to Chrismas) or by speedpost 2-3 days.

TRD pads, combined with braided lines and decent brake fluid will give you much improved brake performance over OEM parts on j-spec brakes. Email me on the link in my sig if you want delivered prices.

ps. the j-spec calipers/pads are teh same as the Soarer and the earlier model Aristo.

Hi Nic

I need these pads by tuesday mate so i can leave very early wednesday

I was told that the tt pads are the same as j spec supra and also the gs300/aristo but the pads have arrived and they are not the same :(

Perhaps it may be an idea to confirm with paul that he has deffo sent the right ones in the first place

Ok Guys looks like Paul has sent the wrong pads :(

I know the brakes are deffo soarer TT brakes as the link above showing pad shape is exactly the same shape as the pads i took off

Someone has confirmed that the supra tt j spec and soarer tt pads are deffo the same as he has one of each cars.

Many thanks for your help in this i'll call paul monday morning and get the proper pads sent up to me for tuesday

So it looks like i can still gon on me xmas holiday after all :)

Hey Mate - if you are really deep in the mire I think I have a set of Jap Spec CW pads - could get these out to you DHL on MOnday

Give me a call 07939 111 877

Also - would give Steve Manley a call at Inchcape Toyota to double check on your part numbers for the Soarer and Jap Spec - I will be very suprised if the same - as the Soarer normally utikises the MKIII stuff...may well be wrong of course

Satsport

I'll try Paul first and see if he can just send the right pads many thanks for the offer tho.

I dont think you have the same pads tho

Colsoop

My soarer is a

1994 soarer twin turbo GT

chassis- jzz30

engine- 1jzgte

Paul E

I'll try paul first thing monday morning as i have already paid him for the pads

The link below shows the pad dimensions and shape so if you want to confirm they are the same that would be great :)

http://speedways.co.uk/shop/en-gb/bps2591.htm

Ok here are pics of pads

Pic of front and rear of pads

http://www.japtrader.org.uk/Brake%20pads/PICT0019.JPG

large pic of rear of pad

http://www.japtrader.org.uk/Brake%20pads/PICT0020.JPG

large pic of front of pad

http://www.japtrader.org.uk/Brake%20pads/PICT0021.JPG

Pic of front and rear of old pads and the pad that Paul sent me

http://www.japtrader.org.uk/Brake%20pads/PICT0022.JPG

Well its a long story but i am no longer welcome there :)

This wouldnt be a problem if i didnt need the car for wednesday as i cant miss this appointment in Leeds

If i have no joy tomorrow morning then i'll just have to get the toyota or blueprint pads.I desperately want to avoid wasting money on those pads tho

Ok Guys looks like Paul has sent the wrong pads :(

I know the brakes are deffo soarer TT brakes as the link above showing pad shape is exactly the same shape as the pads i took off

Someone has confirmed that the supra tt j spec and soarer tt pads are deffo the same as he has one of each cars.

Many thanks for your help in this i'll call paul monday morning and get the proper pads sent up to me for tuesday

So it looks like i can still gon on me xmas holiday after all :)

I haven't sent the wrong pads, I sent you front Jap spec Supra as you asked, I've got another 9 sets of front Supra Jap spec pads if you want me to send you another set!?

Cheers Paul but he doesnt have em in stock

Ok the Jspec supra TT pads are not the same as the soarer tt pads they are the same as the 15" pads on other soarers

The TT pads are unlike anything else from what i can find out

I have found a set of toyota pads in stock so looks like these will have to do until the new year :(

Many many thanks for all your help guys i really appreciate it:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.