The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red UK Spec TT For Sale

Guest davet

I've a red L reg UK Spec Auto TT 112k with the following extras.

Blitz SBCID III Boost Controller + Power Meter (Fitted by Envy performance in Newcastle)

18 Inch Oz Alloys F1 Eagles on the back, Dunlop Sport on the front (2 new) New front discs and pads Kakimoto Exhaust Blitz air filter Blitz BOV Sony CD Player.

Had a major service 1000 miles ago at Toyota Bradford.

The alloys need a bit of a refurb and I'm going to have to get one of the panels re-sprayed due to some hand wash car washing place using a water jet at two high a power :(

Reason I'm looking to sell is that I'm after a lower mileage aerotop.

I paid £10K for this in January and have spent about £2k on it since then. I'm not asking for £10K as I know the market has changed a bit in the year. Feel free to put in a bid on what you think it may be worth.

Dave

Not trying to be despondent fella but if a TT aerotop thats heavily modded won't sell for £10k with 60k miles on it then I seriously doubt that a UK auto with double that mileage will sell for that sort of money either at the moment.

I'm not asking for £10K as I know the market has changed a bit in the year. Feel free to put in a bid on what you think it may be worth.

Dave

:read:

Thing is that if you put £2k into a car espcially if its brand new maintainance parts then its not unreasonable to expect something back for that. Problem is that you are gonna be looking at half of the £12k you've paid total for it for which is absolutely atroscious really.

I have to admit to reading it wrong initially and thinking that the ad was asking for £10k.

I'm not in a rush to sell just thought i'd put it out there to test the water so to speak. I have not put in on autotrader as I'd like to sell if to a real enthusiast.

What I can tell you is that it puts a massive smile on my face every time I drive it in the morning and thats near enough priceless :)

I'm in the Yorkshire area if anyone wants a test drive

Cheers

Dave

with that mileage, color and automatic it will be hard to sell if you are after 8+K. Maybe someone will pay 5-7 K for that car. I would onsider buying it for 4K... But I dont like red and I dont like automatics.

LOL, there is always one!!!

I would say you were looking for around 7k, but be quick as the prices are set to go down again soon!

7k sounds like a good price to me, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 8 for it. Besides being an automatic, the only thing that would put me off it the dash, but each to their own. As far as red's concerned, it's by far the best colour ;) - mine HAD to be in red.

OK a few replies...

I would say put the dash back to stock, much like a house, not everything is to everyones taste, but stock / netral always is.

As for the prices, the Japs are very likley to start getting rid of their 2000-2002 supras next year, vvti, revisions, low millage etc.... I would expect to see 10-20% drop in 93-97 supras across the board. Plus the trade prices have now droped to 4k for a tt in ok condition, usually take s 12 month cycle to filter down to joe public.

After this downturn, should stay stable ish then till 2007 whn the mkv may be out.

just my Opinion of course...

Now I just don't get this about this forum.....sorry bit of a rant here!

Used to be into the MR2s big style and even now when reading through the forums you will never catch the owners/traders putting down the prices of the cars they own but on here it seems that everyone is jumping into a thread and saying "oh 12k....no that's only worth 4k and a wotsit"

Don't get me wrong, I am only to aware of depreciation and all the market factors but as the owners of the cars and being such a large fan base, surely we have some control over these prices?

So rather pumping threads full of how cheap you can buy a Supra for and flogging them off for 4k, drive the market up, not down is really what I am trying to say.

OK wee rant over.......off to eat more chocolate, drink beer and get the festive party mood started:innocent:

IMHO if you want to sell a supra, the supra forum is the wrong place, with the acaeption of UK specs - as above.

I thing we are all just advising what to realistically expect.

He has a good example, and between alot of us we have good used car knowledge that were sharing.

were not bashing at all!

were not bashing at all!

Never said you were :stickpoke

But if I was looking to buy a Supra, I would come here first to find out more info and get an idea on what they are worth, issues ect ect.

And what would the average new punter find, lots of for sales ads with current supra members pushing the prices down within the ads themselves.

Personal opinion is if you want to sell a car on here then have the advert and lock the thread, think they do that on the FTO forum (may be wrong) if members want to discuss the value of the car they can do it removed from potential buyers.

Just my take on it, not having a go at anyone in particular just a general observation :yu:

Oh ebay is a pain in the p*sser. I had nothing but morons offering me like a hundred notes etc etc. Oh and one particularly persistent knob head that emailed me on a daily basis to abuse me and my vehicle.

Autotrader has never managed to return a single phone call other than canvassers for any car i have ever tried to sell and no none of the cars were overpriced as they all sold privately through word of mouth for more than i advertised them for in autotrader.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.