The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Supra ever made was . . ?

Darren-K

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S
Nice Ash, trouble with mods is that there are too many factors that blur the lines.. Im still waiting to see a stock dyno sheet, that would be better to compare with.

so the torque and spool on my single hasnt convinced you?

Don't forget yours put 13ft/lbs more torque down with slightly less boost and a 'smaller' turbo than mine... Gotta be the VVTi action doing that. The midrange shove must be fantastic.

-Ian

Even Big C is admitting the extra torque factor!

Guest Terry S
Terry Im not convinced/unconvinced, Im just saying I'd like to see a STOCK dyno sheet from one of these cars :)

You may have to wait a while there arent to many about. You also need to see a stock VVTi dyno against a stock JDM car, on the same dyno, same day etc if you are to draw any meaningful conclusions.

I have driven both, as have others and their is a difference as stated previously, but not sure you will ever agree.

Exactly, I want more stock dynos! :D

I've been asking for stock JDM figures for ages, but there arnt many people who own standard Supras these days, I think Gordon F and maybe another who could actually supply propper dyno figures for a stock car.

I understand the logic Terry and agree with you, I'd just like to see the 'real' difference from a dyno plot.

Exactly, I want more stock dynos! :D

I've been asking for stock JDM figures for ages, but there arnt many people who own standard Supras these days, I think Gordon F and maybe another who could actually supply propper dyno figures for a stock car.

I understand the logic Terry and agree with you, I'd just like to see the 'real' difference from a dyno plot.

Problem there is that you could never truely compare - no-one has a brand new UK/JDM or VVTi spec car so it would never be a "fair" test there would always be some reason why one didn't perform better than the other etc....

But yes it would be great if we could find good stock examples of all 3 and dyno them for an FAQ.

Do we have any such beasts??

Guest Terry S
Problem there is that you could never truely compare - no-one has a brand new UK/JDM or VVTi spec car so it would never be a "fair" test there would always be some reason why one didn't perform better than the other etc....

But yes it would be great if we could find good stock examples of all 3 and dyno them for an FAQ.

Do we have any such beasts??

Actually, if we do find them, could the club pay for the owners to dyno them as it would be a great reference point for potential owners

Actually, if we do find them, could the club pay for the owners to dyno them as it would be a great reference point for potential owners

I was thinking that too...have asked Ian....or maybe not all the cost but a gesture.

You never know someone may have one anyway.

I was thinking that too...have asked Ian....or maybe not all the cost but a gesture.

You never know someone may have one anyway.

Well I have my stock RR figure to donate if needed. Maybe Gordon still has his chart floating around and Im sure there are people on here who have the cars in stock spec required ;) Its just a matter of chasing them down.

Nice Ash, trouble with mods is that there are too many factors that blur the lines.. Im still waiting to see a stock dyno sheet, that would be better to compare with.

My stock JDM auto made 250rwhp- afraid kickdown wrecked any chance of getting a half useful power chart though.

Guest Flat4_ire
Alex, I reccomended your car to about 5-6 people (non supe owners), all were put off by the Veilside skirts- sorry. If I had the money (and believe me, I don't) I would take it off your hands, with no haggling. I even said I'd have it here:

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=223976&f=71&h=0&p=4

Third post down iirc.

now that is bullshit!!

they were put off by the veilside skirts!!grr that pisses me off, if they were interested in his rare mkiv theyd jump at it for what it is, skirts can be easily replaced!thats just idiots picking at stupid IRRELEVANT things!

Guest Flat4_ire
correct me if iam wrong, but wasnt there a toyota project with a tripple turbo. with 800 to 1000 bhp ???? i think the car was green...

and its wasnt an aero top:p

tt steve

toyota project man..this guy wants factory built cars