The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Name 1 thing you love about your Supra.

Getrag

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like ....... the fact that it's slower than my zed :rlol: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

My girlfriend (who actually owns the car) likes the look of disgust on a wanna be boy racers face when they realise that they are about to get stuffed by a bird !!!!!!!!! But I think the real kicker is the 11 year old in the passenger seat grinning at them like a cheshire cat !!!!! :haha:

She actually had to convince the young lad in a petrol station that the Supra was her's ....... and that was after the twat had seen me get out of the zed :looney: :looney: :looney:

I was washing it one summer and some nipper walked past with his dad and was like "daddy daddy look its the batmobile"......still makes me smile even today

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Funny you should say that, I've only had mine a few weeks and my Dad and his mates down the pub have been taking the piss. The best they could come up with was calling me Batman.

I get the obvious 'na na na na na na na Batman' every time I walk into the pub. They think it's hilarious, especially as I've just started seeing a bird called Robbie (short for Roberta). Doesn't take a genius to figure out her new nickname! They laughed about that one for days!:ecstatic: :yawn:

As for the fave thing about my Sup, everytime I drop a mate off I give the obligatory foot to the floor, wheels spinning, turbos whistling thrash off into the distance. Childish and boy racer-ish.

But I don't care, I know the smile on their face is as big as mine!

Hard to choose only one thing... :)

But i must say...perhaps the best thing (i can think of at this moment) is the way it makes me feel when...blasting off on a long journey...in the summertime...hot weather...roof off...stereo on...quite loud...and last but not least a mix of small twisty mountain-roads...and a few stretches here and there :D

Hmmmm...come to think of it...i just described the road to my moms house(130km's away :D) Perhaps i RELLY should visit her more often?! :D

i will cheat and agree with everyone else, collectively.

other than whats been said, i really find the seats the most comfortable i have ever sat in, driving position is perfect imo. same as visibility.

no idea why i worried about rear view before i bought it, lol :D

the whole car is perfection, wish i had one years ago

As a driver, you dont see nearly half the looks a supra gets. Try sitting in the passenger seat where you have the freedom to look about, then you'll know all about it.

Another silly thing is that odd bond you have with the Shell station clerk. They know your car, and you know it lol...and you feel a little embarrassed that you see them so often lol.

I get most stares if I drive through a city centre on a Fri/Sat night. There are acouple of bits of Worcester that are traffic-quiet yep people-full and you really can't go more than 5~10mph, so I let it trundle along at tickover in 1st/2nd and lap up the attention.

ok ok, I'm a trainee attention wh0re, but I don't care. :D

As a 'driver' I obviously bought the car for it's performance & handling (and I LOVE those aspects), the looks the car has and the attention it gets are welcome bonuses though :)

Oh, and the comments - windows down in the summer I passed a group of late 20's lads and overheard "wow what's that!" says one, "It's a Toyota Supra, best Jap car ever" says one of the others

/me drives off with big smirk :D

Looks wise it has to be the fat ass, oh yes

Driving wise it is the smoothness for such a powerful car (I am auto BTW) yet it's still good n' loud too

There is still one thing that puzzles me after nearly 2 years ownership - why doesn't everyone who wants a sports car get a Supra? I just don't get it, why anyone would want anything else

I love these type threads, makes me feel all happy and smug!

I too can't understand why anybody would want any other car other than the Supra. If I won the lottery I'd just go out and buy the best Sup available, I just love em! :love:

Ditto - lottery win and I'd still have my Supra...or 2...I'd prolly buy Terry's and send mine off for surgery ;)