The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My poor Supra :(

monkey76364

As I understand the law, (and I please tell me if I'm wrong) although they will contest it, you should be able to claim off of Tesco's insurance as long as you reported it straight away.

Basically by letting you use the car park they have a duty of care. See where I'm going with this.....

Nah the Mrs works for them and there policy is you park at your own risk and they pay out for nothing. Most the satff have had bits hit here and there and cant do any thng about it !! :swear:

jeez, that just pure pikies, looks like white, must be a van. how can they do that much damage, what speed do they park at.

on the up-side, a full-respray to get rid of the purple,

just kidding, i know you like your purple, isnt there any camara's around at all?

i try to park in the middle of no-where

Was outside Toys r us with the other week... wife shopping... me playing my psp in the car :) as it should be.

Look up and there flys in a chav in a corsa, smacks the side of the Audi in the parking space next to the one he has just (overly) swung into. He reverses out and shoots off.

So I take down his reg and wait for the owners of the Audi while wife shops. Young couple come out with two very young kids in tow. Gave em the reg plate and my number as a witness.

Would hope someone would do the same for me if someone hit my car while I wasn't there...

Bad time of year for this kind of thing to happen as well... (if there is ever a good time that is!!)

Was outside Toys r us with the other week... wife shopping... me playing my psp in the car :) as it should be.

Look up and there flys in a chav in a corsa, smacks the side of the Audi in the parking space next to the one he has just (overly) swung into. He reverses out and shoots off.

So I take down his reg and wait for the owners of the Audi while wife shops. Young couple come out with two very young kids in tow. Gave em the reg plate and my number as a witness.

Would hope someone would do the same for me if someone hit my car while I wasn't there...

Bad time of year for this kind of thing to happen as well... (if there is ever a good time that is!!)

yeh, id do the same, if i have a pen and paper handy.

i think the chavs think they will park next to a nice supra, but they cant drive, and dont relise how wide these beasts are

Looks like the height of the damage on your door was probably caused by twat who is not used to do driving a MPV or 4x4.

Sorry about this mate, i know how you feel i have had a similar thing happen to me however i was in the car, and they "didnt notice" that the car was there and all i got was a "sorry mate"

Real sorry for you mate:cry:

what is it with people these days ? do they think oh theres a nice car lets have a hit at it then drive off,will serve the owner right for buying a nice car, BAST***S ALL OFF THEM ! THAT BOILS MY COLD SCOTTISH BLOOD!

I dont think it'll be to expensive tho i reckon around 200-300 should about be right for a pretty reputable job,pity you werent closer to me ,the guy i use is awesome and very reasonable.

... same with that "bump" parking thing! ...

Care to elaborate Ro? :confused:

If I park up, and I'm not sure about the driving abilities of the car I parked next to, I note down the vehicle details, and if necessary I photograph the car, on the off chance that they'll bump me whilst leaving. I hasten to add that this is only if I can't find a better space, and the car is parked off centre of the space. Am I paranoid :stickpoke

Mike

Monkey, really sorry to see this, what's your insurance like, is it worth taking the sting of the excess or will it blow any no-claims?

Mike

£500 excess and some dip didin't remember to protect his no cliams lol :giveup: I hate to use the insurance as it will go up too much again next year for all of them giving me about £200, so best to pay my self :(

• 3 weeks later...

i feel for you - time to rid these scumbags off the road!!.

try this guy for a quote - name is gary (07713100025) @ chappell coachworks, opposite brands hatch. painted the extension blocks of my st205 gt4. sent blocks up to him with the paint code of the car, picked it up few days later - they were inch perfect :yes: :respekt:

hope this helps.