The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD 10K Rev Counters.....

Nic

There's a lot of such fake items in places like hong kong... all it takes is someone with loose morals to buy such stuff up and try to pass it off as genuine to a readily available and distant market...

Remember that old maxim "If it looks too good to be true it probably is?". That's all you need.

I'd apply that to things that have been out of stock for 5+ years and are suddenly available at 60% retail price. But that's just me being wary ;) :stickpoke Maybe I'll be the one losing out by not having a tacho that read up to 30% more than I'll ever need :shrug:

-Ian

As Ian says these were dicontinued by TRD a long time ago, I was chatting to my supplier today and mentioned the TRD tacho's he called TRD Japan and was told that they actually have 2 (genuine) 10K tachos for an NA Supra left in stock (TT ones were sold out years ago), so if anyone wants one for an NA pm me and I'll sort out one at cost for you.

As Ian says these were dicontinued by TRD a long time ago, I was chatting to my supplier today and mentioned the TRD tacho's he called TRD Japan and was told that they actually have 2 (genuine) 10K tachos for an NA Supra left in stock (TT ones were sold out years ago), so if anyone wants one for an NA pm me and I'll sort out one at cost for you.

pm me for a price m8

was told that they actually have 2 (genuine) 10K tachos for an NA Supra left in stock (TT ones were sold out years ago), so if anyone wants one for an NA pm me

lifted from Ian's thread:-

It will fit and work properly on 93.5-97 Supra "any model" (NA, Turbo, LHD or RHD). It is worth to get one since this tach is discontinued already

:shrug:

Guest KARacing

If the tach is "GENUINE" TRD Tach, it will "FIT" Turbo model also. I guess that NA 10K Tach was made in China and sell in MK (MK area has the most fake items in Hong Kong). There are a lot of fake t-shirts, fake watches, fake body kits, fake performance parts with bad quality and horrible fitment. If anyone wants "Genuine TRD 10K Tach which made in Japan", get it from the shop with reputation. [/b]

That kinda fits - I had a member doing a NA-TT conversion PM me asking if he could have my old tacho if I bought a TRD one. If the NA and TT were cross-compatible, then why would he need mine?

• 3 years later...

BUMP.. sorry, I'm bumping an old thread.. Has anybody tried to make a TRD tach by ordering a custom gauge faces and just re-calibrating the tacho?

Does anybody know how to recalibrate the gauge? Can I just take off the needle and point it downwards and then put the new gauge face. Does the OEM gauge work from down to up?

These can be had from Monkey Metals:

http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/acatalog/Dial_Gauges.html

I'm sure they could make a custom TRD 10K one, and then just point the OEM dial downwards..?

Thoughts.?