The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra prices

monkey3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is BPU+++ all recognised good parts not cheaply done.

Full UK brakes on decent 18" rims. To top it all its got the first front and rear full G&B retrim. Surely the best part of £7ks worth of kit on a car that makes the car better than the rest is worth a grand or 2 more than a stock 1?

60k miles on it aint huge. Its a late 94 motor so not the oldest one in the world.

Mine's single T61 turbo. A nice 'n' simple and neat 'n' tidy clean install done by Phoenix. Run's very well. Mine's a '95 with 71k on it. Some of the feedback from my thread was £13k was asking too much.

Find it peculiar that BPU cars can be sold for £10.5 - £11k .. whereas £13k for a properly fitted converted single supra isn't realistic.

Mine's single T61 turbo. A nice 'n' simple and neat 'n' tidy clean install done by Phoenix. Run's very well. Mine's a '95 with 71k on it. Some of the feedback from my thread was £13k was asking too much.

Find it peculiar that BPU cars can be sold for £10.5 - £11k .. whereas £13k for a properly fitted converted single supra isn't realistic.

Yeah but mines not just a BPU+++ supe its an aerotop as well.

Now there was a time when that used to mean something. That was the time that even the cheapest raggyest arsed TT supe was 9k now that those are hitting 5k its hard to get the 14k back on a car thats only +point over other BPU+++ cars is the fact the roof comes off. If mine was a hardtop BPU+++ car I would be mad to expect any more than 10k but its not

IT is an aerotop and as such a helluva lot rarer.

Indeed the Aero's are rarer. But we live in England .. we love rain and have shitty weather. ;) Yes, the roof comes off/on. But I guess people look at it and say "Yeah - I like that! :thumbs:" .. Then look at the sky and think "Hmmmm - when am I going to have the chance to have the roof off ?"

Am just to trying to think of why the interest in Aerotops have dropped.

Imo - you're going to have more luck in the summer. That's providing we get a good hot summer.

Indeed the Aero's are rarer. But we live in England .. we love rain and have shitty weather. ;) Yes, the roof comes off/on. But I guess people look at it and say "Yeah - I like that! :thumbs:" .. Then look at the sky and think "Hmmmm."

Imo - you're going to have more luck in the summer. That's providing we get a good hot summer.

Well when I was looking for 1 they were like finding hens teeth and much expensiveness. Also considering our w*nk weather we have more crop tops in this country % wise than anywhere else in europe. The car has been for sale since the middle of summer. Its not a recent thing which leads me to beleive that waiting for a buyer on this forum was not a good thing.

I reckon Spring & early Summer is the time to start advertising it in Autotrader - particularly yours - being it's an Aero.

Obvious I know but, a soft-top / convertable car has GOT to be harder to sell than a hard-top car in the Winter .. when it's cold & miserable.

Yeah. Now if I converted it 6 speed I bet it would sell

REAL Quick

Indeed. :) .. But spending £4k to make £1k ? ;)

I personally love Aerotops. You get the best of both worlds .. Has anybody come to look at your car ? And if so, have you asked any of the people that have .. why they've changed their minds ?

Might give you an idea .. what's kept them from buying ..

Why would it cost £4k to do a manual conversion? All I'd need is a drive shaft a gearbox an ECU a dash section from a manual with a gaitor and a bit of pipework to go from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch, oh and a clutch. That lot should retail in at about £1200. I'm pretty sure that a BPU++ aerotop manual would sell for £14k easy street. Considering I am currently offering the car at £11.5k and its not gone I'd be making more than a grand back by converting it.

Someone has been to see the car even had it RAC style checked. He said the paintwork wasn't good enough for him (its got some stone chips a bit of cracked paint and a paint run on it also the front bumper has been replaced with a UK one that has had the dildo holes filled that you can see the outline of)

Why would it cost £4k to do a manual conversion? All I'd need is a drive shaft a gearbox an ECU a dash section from a manual with a gaitor and a bit of pipework to go from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch, oh and a clutch. That lot should retail in at about £1200.

:ok: :whistle:

Extracted from this thread

In total the complete conversion including the £50 increase in my insurance has cost me £8516.84.

It's possible to do a stock conversion for £3.5K. All new bits except the 'box itself and driveshaft.

Mine was £8.5 because I had mostly non-stock parts (£2,000 on ecu and sensors! :faint: )

If you can find a 2nd hand pedal box you could do it cheaper. But I spent nearlly 3 months looking for one, before I decided to go to Mr T.

• 2 months later...