The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra prices

monkey3

Agreed..either you was selling them too cheap five years ago ..or your over charging now ...or your very very patient:p Joking aside. there are so many bargains to be had now out there and I can only see this growing ..everyday there is more and more of them coming in. I live near a docks where this is an importer and they are coming in by the dozen now for some reason. Probably because they have now come to an afordable price for more people and the importer is jumping on the bandwagon??? who knows

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem the market is flooded right now, I hope that isn't to the detriment of their value here in the long term. For what you get for the money I think they are really cheap compared to other cars and I happily paid a fair sum for mine as at the time (6 months ago) I just couldn't find what I was looking for at all, now it seems quite different!

Agreed..either you was selling them too cheap five years ago ..or your over charging now ...or your very very patient:p Joking aside. there are so many bargains to be had now out there and I can only see this growing ..everyday there is more and more of them coming in. I live near a docks where this is an importer and they are coming in by the dozen now for some reason. Probably because they have now come to an afordable price for more people and the importer is jumping on the bandwagon??? who knows

Remember a lot of the so called "bargains" are cheap for a reason, normally because they are a bag of s**t. There are some bargains to be had of course. We see ALOT of cars coming through here which aren't the best and I get offered a lot of cars from Japan which 9 out of 10 times turn out to be sheds, they are getting harder and harder to find in good condition in Japan, if they were easier to get hold of I'd have another 20 in stock!

I started to worry at one point about the sudden drop in prices. I paid 12k for mine, which I had imported in May this year. It's in mint condition, a few sensible mods, etc, so I obviously payed more, plus the importers mark up. I viewed some Supe's around the Keighley area before I got mine from York because I was attracted by the cheap prices, but put it this way, I won't be going back! I would rather pay more for a well looked after example any day. I think Geoff has got the right attitude, don't worry about it, just enjoy it and get plenty of use out of the beast!:ok:

£14k then down to £13.5k then down to £12.5k and now £11.5k

This car isn't stock though. The brakes and tyres are new and worth £1.5k on their own. The car is BPU+++ all recognised good parts not cheaply done. Full UK brakes on decent 18" rims. To top it all its got the first front and rear full G&B retrim. Surely the best part of £7ks worth of kit on a car that makes the car better than the rest is worth a grand or 2 more than a stock 1?

60k miles on it aint huge. Its a late 94 motor so not the oldest one in the world. Complete service just carried out. I payed enough for it. Possibly I must have payed over the odds then. I don't think i can actually afford to sell it for £10k I'd be taking a £6k loss on it for 9k miles thats a lot to lose in less than a year.

But if thats all its worth all of a sudden then that is all its worth :(

chin up! I have had sooo many emails about mine with pxs and some just complimenting the car but they haven't the cash to buy it! basically, alot of the market are 'reasonably' young, who like me, arent loaded with cash and seriously struggle with insurance on a group 20, imported, and modded cars! when you get over the 10k mark, combined with all these factors (petrol isnt a massive deterrent I think) - it aint gonna be an easy sell! as our counterpart laid out earlier - patience and the good examples'll go.

Put it this way the 2 aerotops I sold were both less than £10,500. I cant say exactly how much because of customer's of course. So around 10k is about right. What have you been advertising it for?

See circa 10K still isnt bad money ..i was more talking about the 13K upwards.

you are so on the nail with you get what you pay for in life :cool:

Well guys, as you all know I'm Supralooking and still havn't found it. My budget is 12 k max and I think that's pretty good and expect to get alot for my money there. If there were more VVTI Facelift models or late 96+ ones about I'm sure I'd have one right now. My concern has always been with the age of the car and that's why I'd prefer to buy something young with the hope of not seeing too much of a depreciation. But then again, these cars are bullet proof etc etc but I have yet to find a mint Pre 95 one that appeals to moi.

As for the car market, I agree that Supra prices have come down especially within the last year. I remember when I passed my test in March and the cheapest Supra I could have bought was 6 and a half (not mint cond) and of course I couldn't afford this and the insurance at the time so I bought the Mazda.I spent a bit on the car and now on E-Bay it's actually reached more than what I paid fo it! Still have people calling to view to. It's funny too because I always had a feeling that car would hold it's value and it's winter, selling a convertable, can't be bad;)

See I just wanna cry. Why does nobody want my beautiful beasty? I dyno'd it again today on a rolling road. 369.54 BHP at the wheels. Is this not what many folk strive for in their cars and alot do not attain? I can only imagine what the car would pull with hybrids or a single on it. Yet still no interest. Every comment I got today from the lexus boys was nice car and love that interior etc etc.

its tough but i dropped mine substantially. but i know im now in the right range at 12.8k because instead of getting the odd timewaster ringing up from autotrader, i now have 3 ppl wanting to see it in the space of a week and one chap who wanted me to export it (but the tree hugging authorities said no to the 'big bad polluter!!!'). im taking a bit of a hit, but its necessary to raise the cash...

I don't want to take a hit. At £11.5k I already feel like I am being the one robbed here. The red aerotop that sold in the summer a similar price to mine when he bought it at virtually the same time as I bought mine at a similar state of tune etc went for the £14k he paid for it. At £11.5k I am losing £2.5k depreciation and all the money I put into it by tidying it up a bit more and sticking my G&B retrim in it and new tyres and new brakes. I am in effect taking a hit for £4.5k which for less than a years driving is a bit galling. Maybe I am just a whingeing git but it does upset me.

I think thats what I am doing wrong. Its not made the impact it could on ebay and unless I am prepared to flog out for a huge ad in autotrader I'm a bit beggared. Not sure how else to go about advertising it. I had hoped it would stay in the club, that someone with an N/A aerotop or stock TT would take it and PX against it.

Anyone got any ideas where else I should consider advertising it ?

ebay is good for raising awareness only. to sell it on ebay would be giving it away. traders have such an advantage cos ppl walk around seeing and touching the cars...honestly, autotrader is the only way forward for the regular guy. i got bonsai to assist me in the sale as i imported through them. you might want to enlist your importers assistance.