The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any sellers looking for buyers?

Lewis

I'm going to look at getting another supra when I get back from hols (going tomorrow and back after a week).

What I was wondering about was doin a bit of a reverse on the normal scenario....

I was planning on setting aside a sat or sun and saying what I am looking for and how much I want to spend. Then anyone who wants me to buy their car comes to me and I will be looking to buy a car on that day.

Are any sellers specifically open (or closed) to this idea?

I havent thought about the details yet at all but will always look at ways where I can save my own effort.

Obviously if I drive up and down the country all day every weekend looking at cars that costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time, however if people selling drive down, they only have to do it once and may well sell the car they have been trying to shift.

Tea and butties all round ;) lol

Any comments?

Could even make it a regular thing for people wanting to buy/sell

@Pete, sorted cash out - so thats a yes lol

Now find that I might be able to stretch to a TT or maybe a NA Aerotop, or I may just go standard NA and spend some cash on it, really depends what is around, have only just found out in the last 30mins what my situation is so I really dont know what to do ATM. I'm going to egypt tomorrow so will decide on my return (as there is no way I am sorting anything either way tonight lol)

So I will not specify amounts types or anything at the moment as I need to make sure that all the cash finds its way to my account by the time I am back from hols, I just wanted to see what the idea made people think in principle.

To rule out anything over the top I will say that I will not be looking to spend more than 10k and that may go down but will not go up.

cheeers chaps, seems like nobody thinks it's a shit idea anyway

Well...from my point of view it would mean I'd have to insure the car £25 for the week. Plus petrol - 30 quid. That's 55 quids worth of advertising somewhere to someone that'll come to my house and probably pay more for the car.

Agreed dont know about desperate - but there are a lot of sellers at the moment and prices are getting lower and lower.

-CJ, on a sidenote I sent you an email, attempted to contact Paul yesterday and left a message but have heard nothing back.

Judging by the prices currently being paid, I would say there are a lot of desperate people selling out there

No cars are moving, thats why theres 0% finance all over the place on new cars. Secondhand market dead prices dropping through the floor. Just check out that £7k Aerotop TT......

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just take your cars that are for sale to any monthly meets that are happening? Set aside a group area for 'for sale' cars and then anyone looking to buy from the forum can go down there and have a look round.

Like a second hand Supra showroom!!

If all the people trying to sell take it to the meets every month it's free advertising - as long as the n00bs that are looking to buy know to go there as well

same sort of idea and probably more practical that what I was suggesting. I was looking at it from a selfish point of view though, in that I will be buying a car either this wekend or next regardless (so long as they are good quality) and therefore it's easier for me if I just get a few people together whose cars I am interested in and then they can fight it out amongst themselves lol

TBH, I probably won't do it as it's hassle, I have 4 cars to look at at the moment (2 NA's, 1Aero and 2 TT's) so I will probably just do the rounds or get people to come to me and see what I fancy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.