The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A worrying moment happened today

supra-alex

i experienced my first 'should i be concerned' moment today when a couple from across the road knocked on the door and said they saw 4 men (1 asian, 3 white) get out of a white tipo and started filming my N/A 96 with a camcorder !!

i would have been concerned however I then read this bit N/A 96 , so personally I wouldnt worry about anything

:nyah:

Has no-one else seen Gone in 60 Seconds ... I reckon she's called Stephanie and is no.23 on the list.

Anyone wanting to steal a car would not be so f'kin stupid to video it first. A quick snap with a digital camera maybe, but a 30 minute flick with popcorn ???

1. Large printed sign in inside of drivers window reading "Has Tracker and under CCTV, smile your on camera."

2. All fuses.

3. Romove or disconnect fuel pump in the back.

4. Inform police and notify neighbours.

5. Very little fuel.

6. Wheel clamps.

7. Park many cars infront of it.

8. ...in a garage if possible.

strange...

id take the fuel pump relay out, aswel as the ecu fuse.

or take a turbo pipe off.

if they really are looking to take it they will want to do is asap, not spend 30mins trying to firgure out why it wont start.

doing somethin like taking out a essential fuse is much better than a cat1 alarm (apart from the noise), proper car thieves can get around a alarm pretty fast, but they aint trained in autoelec fault finding and wont find a missing fuse or relay!

Ive been thinking about breaking in to my fuel pump + wire and putting a switch in it, would work a treat.

I say put it in storage somewhere. if you dont you wont enjoy your holiday because you will be worrying about the car the whole time. im a bit far, but if yourflying from stansted i would be happy to offer you a garage space as im am only 20 mins from there.

I say put it in storage somewhere. if you dont you wont enjoy your holiday because you will be worrying about the car the whole time. im a bit far, but if yourflying from stansted i would be happy to offer you a garage space as im am only 20 mins from there.

cheers for offer but its gatwick

Yo Alex. Im from northampton 2, when I buy one im really considering not parking it in my street due to what may happen ^. It should be ok over here in Cambs by my rekoning. I guess ill get to know the northampton supra owners as well as the cambridge ones as soon as i get mine :D

Long and the short of it are dont fret, take some precautions, and focus on having fun on hol. P.s. Las Vegas looks pretty badass :D