The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice needed on model

paulb4832

Hi all need some help on figuring my supra out, it's a 1998 v160 twin turbo.

It has a non vvti engine in and a 5 pot dash I was told that this happened on the change over on the production line.

It also has faclift lights and uk big brakes.

I'm just after some info on how many were made like this as I haven't for many years of looking found another with this spec. 

Tia Screenshot_20240331_072152_Gallery.thumb.jpg.48a150081d9acc9ee14aeffa7c13f166.jpg

Being a 98 car it won' be a changeover car. Those only appeared in '96. It will have a anon standard head on it if it's non-VVTi. All '98 cars and onwards came with VVTi so it's certainly not original. It should also have a v161 and not a v160.

Interesting hood that, looks the same as an old member had made for his (Ian C). Not seen one of those for many years!

If you can use Excel check out the VIN plate decoder here and it'll tell you exact what it came with from the factory. If not you can Private message me your VIN number and any other details from the plate and I'll send you the output. 

This is the same as my car. DVLA have it as a 1998, Toyota have it as a June '96. All the Facelift trimmings with a pre facelift Engine, box, management and wiring looms. I believe this happened from May '96 until September '97

On 4/27/2024 at 6:57 PM, Homer said:

Being a 98 car it won' be a changeover car. Those only appeared in '96. It will have a anon standard head on it if it's non-VVTi. All '98 cars and onwards came with VVTi so it's certainly not original. It should also have a v161 and not a v160.

Interesting hood that, looks the same as an old member had made for his (Ian C). Not seen one of those for many years!

If you can use Excel check out the VIN plate decoder here and it'll tell you exact what it came with from the factory. If not you can Private message me your VIN number and any other details from the plate and I'll send you the output. 

Hi it's a non vvti and it's ( Ian c old car)

On 4/28/2024 at 3:04 PM, jackso11 said:

That will be a 1996 crossover not 1998. DVLA will have the year it was first registered in the UK. Mine is a 1994 pre facelift but DVLA have it as a 2001 as that’s when it came to the UK.

Yes mate it's a 1996 and registered in 1998

1 hour ago, jackso11 said:

I’m confused, if you know it’s a 1996 and not a 1998 as you said in your first post, what is actually the question you need help with?

Hi sorry for the confusion it's a 1996 but registered in the UK 1998.

I was always told that it was a rare car due to the changeover and wanted to know how many were like this ?