The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central locking control module

Benjy

If it were me I'd take a punt on the Denso units of the same era having the same casing, plug connector and internals with the only discernible difference being the mounting bracket location, number of and shape. The Supra module has three mount locations so the Celica and the 90-92 model year Land Cruiser has a similar casing to the Supra under model number (land Cruiser 85980–60020) but both do use different shaped mounting brackets.

My theory depends on whether Toyota supplied the mounts along with the module which would give a convenient explanation why the same module could then have several car model specific part numbers. I never tested this theory with actual purchases so it just remains a theory at this time.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

On 3/19/2024 at 9:52 PM, Dieter said:

you would have to ask Toyota if this part is compatible with the Supra, this store offers such parts again and again

https://www.2040-parts.com/1994-1997-toyota-corolla-door-control-relay-oem-denso-85980-12240-i1652310/

I just tried to contact them and it came back with something about it being out of date and impossible to contact. So no idea what that’s about. I would assume as long as it’s a 3dr such as a celica/starlet/corolla etc of the same era they’d do a similar job. Unless this controls windows aswell? 

11 hours ago, rider said:

If it were me I'd take a punt on the Denso units of the same era having the same casing, plug connector and internals with the only discernible difference being the mounting bracket location, number of and shape. The Supra module has three mount locations so the Celica and the 90-92 model year Land Cruiser has a similar casing to the Supra under model number (land Cruiser 85980–60020) but both do use different shaped mounting brackets.

My theory depends on whether Toyota supplied the mounts along with the module which would give a convenient explanation why the same module could then have several car model specific part numbers. I never tested this theory with actual purchases so it just remains a theory at this time.

If it’s as simple as a mount, I’ll use zipties and number plate tape if needs be, as long as it unlocks my sodding doors! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 10:30 PM, mwilkinson said:

Have you opened the module to see if it's a simple dry solder causing the issue?

I haven’t had 2 minutes to pull it out and have a look. Ebay one’s turned up so when I get a minute I’ll get on it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.