The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MK1V TT UK spec 1993 stock

mICHAEL rEID

I bought this car ex demo and have been the only owner. This is a rare UK spec car with, as far as can be established, only Circa 670 being manufactured. Of these there will be very few unmodified left.

It has done 223000 miles, with many european grand tours.

Shows it's wear but the car is ripe for the right person to bring it up to superb condition.

Very reluctantly having to sell as live in the London ULEZ expanded zone.

Service bills throughout are available. Serviced and MOT test end of July.

Contact via email to [email protected] in the first instance.

Mike

DSC_6453.JPG

DSC_6456.JPG

DSC_6460.JPG

DSC_6462.JPG

DSC_6464.JPG

DSC_6455.JPG

• 3 months later...

The Supra sold at Historics Auctions in November for £16,000.

It was the mileage of 222,000 that affected the price. 15 people were interested.

SRD thought the value around £25K and I put a reserve of £22,500 on it.

Hugely disappointed as the car was a good runner.

A collector has bought it and has already done some work on tidying up the car. He is exactly the guy I was looking for to continue looking after the car rather than have it souped up.

He lives in Bracknall, so not too far away.

I am very sad but it is the expansion of the ULEZ that forced the sale. £12.50 every day I wanted to drive the car!

A video Paul sent of the car just to check that the front dam was working is attached.

Happy new year.

Mike

6 hours ago, rider said:

That is a disappointing price. It'd be worth more than that in parts, the air box alone would be £250.

Agreed, this was one of the first to be built and sold in the UK, and it is not even the highest mileage car out there! That award belongs to one with 300k on it which sadly is no longer in the UK anymore.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:22 PM, Swampy442 said:

But the auction value is the only true valuation of any car

There is always the buyers premium to add onto any price to arrive at the cost making the purchase price nearer to £18k.

I wouldn't have gone with the SRD price guide myself but I would have expected a high mileage TT to still nudge closer to £20k before commission. There have been much lower mileage TT autos go for £25-£28k in the not too distant past and prices have slipped a little since then plus they were summer sales which does also make a difference. The auctioneers used are not what would be classed as first to mind classic car auctioneers so the audience would be limited over one of the many available higher profile options out there. So auctions do set the market price for iconic classic cars but there are several factors you can manipulate to get the best price. I'd put a lower than optimal price down to small shop window, a generally depressed car market condition and the seasonal timing of the sale. It's a price miss, but its not a massive miss. More a bargain than a steal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.