The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JR Alloys

Dnk

I wouldnt buy them personally, just generic reps like Rota, heavy, poor quality finishes. Friend of mine had a new set of JR's, his car was having vibration issues and couldn't balance one wheel, sent them back and it turns out they weren't even round lol. He gave up and bought some Work wheels.

1 minute ago, Swampy442 said:

I wouldnt buy them personally, just generic reps like Rota, heavy, poor quality finishes. Friend of mine had a new set of JR's, his car was having vibration issues and couldn't balance one wheel, sent them back and it turns out they weren't even round lol. He gave up and bought some Work wheels.

Yes it appears quality control isn't the best so I wont be buying any 

7 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Like so much in life, you get what you pay for.

Yes for sure.

I'm quite surprised how many wheel manufacturers there are since I started looking. 

I've almost giving up as most don't answer emails regarding offsets etc 

Think I'll just refurb the 18" AMG 5 spokes I bought and be done with it 

3 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

At least with those you can guarantee the quality, and will be cheaper than buying new wheels

Just a shame the offsets don't bring them out enough, especially the rears and I'm not sure about fitting spacers to this 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably over 90% of aftermarket alloy wheels are naff quality, cast from material with inclusions, heavy and often almost impossible to balance due to run out or other seriously defective machining issues. Paying a premium doesn't even guarantee quality these days with so many different manufacturers in the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Wilson said:

Probably over 90% of aftermarket alloy wheels are naff quality, cast from material with inclusions, heavy and often almost impossible to balance due to run out or other seriously defective machining issues. Paying a premium doesn't even guarantee quality these days with so many different manufacturers in the game.

Good to hear from you Chris, I shall be fitting the genuine AMG's I bought now, they're off to be refurbished tomorrow. Just been to the shop to check the process out they use and glad to say all looks good, they mask off the hub face and spigot bore and the wheel bolt cones.

Just got to carefully squeeze 4 18" alloys in my 2 seat hairdressers toy  

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)