The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth?

Big Supes

I'm going to put my UK-Spec ICE system up for sale, but before I do, I'd like some feedback on what people think it's worth. 

At present, I'm thinking the 1k mark is fair, but as Supra related prices are so volatile, it could be off in either direction. 

Anyone who knows me can vouch I do not seek to rip off the Supra community and we're living in times where a heated seat switch can't fetch £600.

For anyone looking to restore a MKIV, I doubt you'll get an opportunity to buy the complete system combined. 

20230126_111032.jpg

• Like 1

You have to ask, who would want these? Then think on why you don't want them any longer. You should be able from that to work out who would want them and what they are likely to pay. I'd venture no one in their right mind would prefer a 1990's tape deck over a 2020's MP3 player. So, you are down to someone who is slavishly putting their museum piece together. That is probably a collector who has just bought a 10,000 mile (genuine) time piece for $250,000 and is looking for a few pieces to restore it fully to stock, one being a UK tape deck. But they have a US car, so it won't work. Bummer, so I personally think £1k is a bit wild.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rider said:

You have to ask, who would want these? Then think on why you don't want them any longer. You should be able from that to work out who would want them and what they are likely to pay. I'd venture no one in their right mind would prefer a 1990's tape deck over a 2020's MP3 player. So, you are down to someone who is slavishly putting their museum piece together. That is probably a collector who has just bought a 10,000 mile (genuine) time piece for $250,000 and is looking for a few pieces to restore it fully to stock, one being a UK tape deck. But they have a US car, so it won't work. Bummer, so I personally think £1k is a bit wild.

As per the ad, this is aimed at someone putting a UK or import car back to stock. 

Is stock better than single or modified with uprated suspension and parts? Is the stock oem headunit better than an mp3 player? Of course not, but that doesn't stop OEM fetching a lot MORE (in the classic market) due to rarity. 

I thought £600 for two buttons was a bit wild, but welcome to 2023.

• Like 1