The mkiv Supra Owners Club

[Help/assistance] JDM Keyless Entry Module Installation

keioffice

3 hours ago, 7677243 said:

That's the whole system, patches into 3 parts of factory wiring and one wire quick spliced.

Anyone know where to get that key case?

received_5480028318769704.jpeg

received_877367840191100.jpeg

That key case can obtained from Yahoo as there are many other cars that share the same case. Do you need a link?

Could you please tell me where the quick splice fed into on the car side? Thats what I've been trying to work out.

Also what year is your JZA80?

On 2/5/2023 at 2:15 AM, 7677243 said:

You're right, there is a jumper loom and no button on the side of the box with this module. From memory it is as simple as unplug a connector from your existing wiring, plug the loom which comes with this box into each side of the now unplugged connector and then splice in the last wire or two with those cheater splicer bits (blue in your pic).

I have the whole loom out the car but need to pop to my garage and should also have pictures of it installed.

The jumper loom sits in the drivers side footwell fusebox area and the box under the drivers seat.

Do you have the photo of it installed? specifically the wire where it taps into?

Looks like a simple receiver and key paired , probably based on an existing toyota set up . It was never a factory option so rather than alter the assembly line production it was offered as a dealer install - For ease of install it was made plug and play , splicing into the original door control unit connector . but it needed power ,so an extra power feed had to be spliced in somewhere . For ease of fit and no other mounting area ,they bunged it under the seat - the door locks will work exactly as the non keyless car . Apparently this is progress , from a key in the door ,to a fob , and now to just having a fob in your pocket and close to the car , it was all just too much effort previously ,and only £1000 to get the latest system fixed ...

Just to be clear, are we talking about keyless entry or remote central locking? Might be me sounding stupid but what people are describing sounds like remote central locking. It's not me being pedantic, they are completely different things in todays world! 

Keyless entry is walking up to the car and it opening automatically via some gesture e.g. putting your hand inside the handle or sliding your finger over the handle( oooo errrr 😁).

I actually went ahead and pluged in 2 of the large plugs and surprisingly the keyless entry module worked. That is, the key locks and unlocks the doors using the buttons!

But...... there are 2 plugs (2 wires in total together) which aren't connected to anything:

• the blue with red stripe wire - via the wire tap (didn't tap it in as I don't know where to)
  • the brown wire - I thought plugged into keyhole illumination like the footwell lights but it doesnt fit

I'm still unsure where these 2 go into. I suspect 2. does not work as my car is the facelift model whereas the jumper loom may be for pre-facelift (?)

Anyone got any ideas?

11 hours ago, Tyson said:

Just to be clear, are we talking about keyless entry or remote central locking? Might be me sounding stupid but what people are describing sounds like remote central locking. It's not me being pedantic, they are completely different things in todays world! 

Keyless entry is walking up to the car and it opening automatically via some gesture e.g. putting your hand inside the handle or sliding your finger over the handle( oooo errrr 😁).

You're right, keyless is different in today's world but that's probably because the definition evolved over the years. It's named as keyless in the official accessories brochure by Toyota.

What this box does is basically what you described; remote central locking/unlocking without using the physical key.

Edited by keioffice (see edit history)

6 hours ago, rider said:

Does the part actually have a denso or toyota part number stamped on it?

There's a part number on the circuit board which is 619431-0050.

I found the following which might help:

Remote Door Lock Release Body Set (Key FOB)		08190-00210	
Remote Door Lock Release Transmitter (Key FOB)		08192-00210	
Remote Door Lock Release Body Set (Separate FOB)		08190-00200	
Remote Door Lock Release Transmitter (Separate FOB)		08192-00200	
Remote Door Lock Release Wiring		08191-14040		
Remote Door Lock Release Wiring (Post-Facelift)		08191-14050		

https://jza80.de/worldwide-supra-jza80-accessory-list

On 2/14/2023 at 4:18 AM, mc92 said:

There's a part number on the circuit board which is 619431-0050.

I found the following which might help:

Remote Door Lock Release Body Set (Key FOB)		08190-00210	
Remote Door Lock Release Transmitter (Key FOB)		08192-00210	
Remote Door Lock Release Body Set (Separate FOB)		08190-00200	
Remote Door Lock Release Transmitter (Separate FOB)		08192-00200	
Remote Door Lock Release Wiring		08191-14040		
Remote Door Lock Release Wiring (Post-Facelift)		08191-14050		

https://jza80.de/worldwide-supra-jza80-accessory-list

The key and module pair I got was - 08190-00210.

The harness should be 08191-14050 although I think I got the pre-facelift one (my car is facelift).

Still hoping someone can provide input into where those 2 remaining wires hooke up to on the car end.

Edited by keioffice (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, rider said:

Toyota dealership say those parts are discontinued and no longer available through the Toyota parts network.

That's right, I wouldn't imagine any of the dealer options are available anymore and if for sale it would likely be old new stock

Still hoping someone has the included instructions for this keyless entry or even pictures of the loom installed in their car they can share.