The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Graphics on a Supra. Yeah Or Nay

SupraStar 3000

Just to add my two penith worth (?) I think it's a question of all or nothing...

Shopping list down the door looks cack and the subtle graphics make it look like a special edition fiesta or something...

....but on the hand, Dale's car rocks...! :clap:

Graphics are utter toss, but its the sort of thing that the young-uns and chavs seem to go for recently...

However Dale B's car looks absolutely superb! That mostly due to the fact that its there's no random stickers, but an overall theme - including the paintwork.

You wouldnt offend me as its your opinion and I dont exactly have a fragile ego which is dominated by my car gaining acceptance :clap:

Im too old to have a fragile ego, what I do have is the grace to realise that people like their own cars too look a certain way and wouldnt say any Supra looked "TOSS" unless provoked into a reply. :cool:

Ah Chris, they stick them on so that you know how much they are spending on the car you see.

That's the reality! The "sophisticated surprise giver" gets my vote any day.:cool:

Go graphics if you want but subtle and nice - no lists, my opinion...:shrug:

Graphics on a car?

Despite his comments about red cars Dales is the target to be aimed for, sticker-wise. Looks amazing. Or go for full D1 stylee.

That's the thing.. full on performance show-time, or chavtastic... not much in between...

The moral of this story is, if you're going to do it, do it right. Dont stick shopping lists down your doors etc. As stated above Dale's car has done the job right and looks good :)

Wasnt having a dig at your car Dale, it's just the thought of graphics always brings up images of corsas and knackered rover coupes with dragon graphics on :(

Never been a fan of graphics (btw, I don't think the Mines wone suit the curvey Supra), but if a trader said "hey Gaz, I'll fit a double decat, e-manage with boost control, pump, fcd and a Nur Spec exhaust, for free, but on the condition that I have my company logos on your bonnet and doors for 6 months..." I'd take them up on it, and do a few trackdays, rwyb's and dyno runs. Sounds quite fair to me....

Don't Techart & Gemballa (sp?) sling graphics on their Porsches?

heres my design.
Hmmm. Not for me. You should definitely lose the "Dear Santa" list down the door.

Some gfx looks good. I think SupraSam's graphics on her blue car are quite subtle and well done but most are too 'ghetto' for my taste.

I've seen Dale's car in the flesh and I must admit it does look good and professionally done but, to be honest, I would be embarassed to drive it. I prefer either stock or the mean/stealth image for my car, I guess I'm too self concious to drive a "LOOK AT ME" type car, e.g. CJ's motor.

(No offense intended to Dale of Col)

It is you choice, if you wish to stick graphics on your car. If you are convinced it is for you, just do it. By asking are you actually really saying you have doubts.

Personally dont think they have a place on a quality road car. Most of the cars I see with graphics in this area are horrid little shit boxes with a huge wish list stuck on the outside.

As for graphics on a MKIV why spoil the beautiful lines. If someone is going to pay you a wedge to advertise for them, then it migh be worth a one year contract to pay for more mods.

If it will not improve the performancce of your car don't do it.