The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car insurance

Dnk

Don't you just love it 

Now I've sold my Range Rover I decided to swap over the NCB when the BMW is up for renewal, the Range had 17 yrs on the policy and BMW only 9 yrs. 

Pointless having 8 years more NCB as It's £5 more to insure 

Insurance companies are the biggest scam artists going! Had my L200 stollen and they had put my insurance up at last renewal. They then tried to pay out on it at £3600 I told them where to shove it and said it’s worth at least double that. They come back with another counter of £3800 to which I said let’s stop playing around here are some on more miles than mine and less spec for £8-£9000 they then reply with their third and “final” offer of £4200 😂 I said I won’t be receiving their off as they sent the cheque out at the same time. They then said they wouldn’t pay any more so would have to go to an external evaluation. Came back 5 days later with £10000 😅 they are just scamming wankers. All I wanted was what I paid for it as I knew they had gone up in value. If they had offered me £6000 it would have been fine

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Insurance companies are the biggest scam artists going! Had my L200 stollen and they had put my insurance up at last renewal. They then tried to pay out on it at £3600 I told them where to shove it and said it’s worth at least double that. They come back with another counter of £3800 to which I said let’s stop playing around here are some on more miles than mine and less spec for £8-£9000 they then reply with their third and “final” offer of £4200 😂 I said I won’t be receiving their off as they sent the cheque out at the same time. They then said they wouldn’t pay any more so would have to go to an external evaluation. Came back 5 days later with £10000 😅 they are just scamming wankers. All I wanted was what I paid for it as I knew they had gone up in value. If they had offered me £6000 it would have been fine

Its like you need agreed value on anything now then 

1 minute ago, Dnk said:

Its like you need agreed value on anything now then 

Shouldn’t have to. By then increasing your premium without issues it’s agreeing that the cost of your vehicle is increasing in value. They should technically send you a renewal of the reinsured value for your car. Shouldn’t be any argument as they state they insure your vehicle for book price. Current book price changes continuously. They just try to pay out as little as possible to make more money. They sell the cars on damaged any how so make money off you that way as well as the inflated premiums we pay to then never claim. 
the amount of people who claim and to who don’t is minimal and then when they do claim so many people just accept the valuation they initially send or the second

On 3/31/2022 at 8:05 AM, Burna said:

Not a wise thing to do at the moment, prices of second hand cars are changing to quickly.

Trouble is you have argue and fight to get the latest value, my cars already over 50% undervalued judging by auction prices 

• 1 month later...