The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black Supra in Sainsburys Brookwood (Woking) today

Soopra

Heheh! That was me! 😄.

Great to see another Supra and have a chat on one of my occasional trips back to the UK. It's very rare to get spotted when the car is under covers most of the time.

The spoiler is a Greddy, it came on the car when I imported it back in 2003. It's similar to stock, but just a little bit lower, and stick out a tad more. You only really notice it when it's parked next to a stock one, unless you know what you're looking at 😊

Cheers, 
James

supes1.jpg

supes2.jpg

• Like 2

Likewise @Soopra! Flying back to Madrid tomorrow, next ETA is July for the Farnborough Airshow, I'm sure I'll be taking a trip to Sainsbury's again too 😄

@Swampy442Totally agree. I actually didn't even realise it was aftermarket until I went to my first Supra meet way back in 2004 at Fleet Services (I think). When I saw it lined up there with 20 other Supra's, I realised that something wasn't quite the same! It's the same with my front bumper, super rare Zeek one that came with the car. Think I've only even seen 1 other Supra in the UK with it, a white one, many years ago!

Cheers,

James

• Like 1

I'm over in the Windlesham/Sunningdale/Ascot area, but I actually live in Madrid, so I'm only in the UK 3-4 times a year.
I do enjoying playing with all of the McLaren's going across Chobham Common as they come over from the factory in Woking... they love that road 😄

Cheers,
James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 6:50 PM, JamesArup said:

Likewise @Soopra! Flying back to Madrid tomorrow, next ETA is July for the Farnborough Airshow, I'm sure I'll be taking a trip to Sainsbury's again too 😄

@Swampy442Totally agree. I actually didn't even realise it was aftermarket until I went to my first Supra meet way back in 2004 at Fleet Services (I think). When I saw it lined up there with 20 other Supra's, I realised that something wasn't quite the same! It's the same with my front bumper, super rare Zeek one that came with the car. Think I've only even seen 1 other Supra in the UK with it, a white one, many years ago!

Cheers,

James

Do you have picture of front bumper? 😇

On 5/21/2022 at 8:02 PM, Wishieftrottle said:

Do you have picture of front bumper? 😇

Hey there! I do, here you go ....

The problem is that you're very unlikely to find one. It's made by Zeek (who no longer exist I believe), and it was in the car when I imported it in 2004. It's crazy rare, and highly sought after. I've never changed it, knowing how rare it is, but I have had to patch it up a few times. 

Over the years, the only ones I've seen have been for sale in auctions in Japan. You'll find some posts about them here on the forum. I wanted to try and find someone who could make a mould of it, so I could make some copies, as there has been a lot of interest over the years, but that's not a cheap exercise!

supra1_sm.jpg

supra2_sm.jpg

supra3_sm.jpg

• Like 1