The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz vvti solenoid and complete housing wanted

edviss

• edviss changed the title to 2jz vvti solenoid and complete housing wanted
Just now, Frank Bullitt said:

I think I still have my old one in a box in the loft if you want it?

Did you know they changed the design? 

as far as i know they are all exactly the same. 1jz,2jz ge and gte 🙂 if you could have a look it would be perfect.

• Like 1

Ooft w@nkers! I’m fairly certain I still have my old valve so you are more than welcome to that if I have it. I may have a new filter too, just not sure where.

There was nothing wrong with it, I just swapped it out as it had been redesigned at some point.

I can’t help you with the cast piece unfortunately but a decent foundry up north might be able to fix it if you have no joy in sourcing a replacement. 

1 minute ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Ooft w@nkers! I’m fairly certain I still have my old valve so you are more than welcome to that if I have it. I may have a new filter too, just not sure where.

There was nothing wrong with it, I just swapped it out as it had been redesigned at some point.

I can’t help you with the cast piece unfortunately but a decent foundry up north might be able to fix it if you have no joy in sourcing a replacement. 

i do have a filter, it did clean up pretty well. if you could have a look for a solenoid that would be perfect 🙂 i was thinking the same.. getting housing welded if i wont find anything clean up for sale. 

4 minutes ago, edviss said:

i do have a filter, it did clean up pretty well. if you could have a look for a solenoid that would be perfect 🙂 i was thinking the same.. getting housing welded if i wont find anything clean up for sale. 

Okay, i’ll have a look tonight. I have used these guys for past projects when I needed cast iron welding done -  https://www.castironwelding.co.uk they might be able to help you with that piece even though it is ali.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.