The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota 18’ alloys & Yokohama Advan AD08 Tyres

Peter P

Afternoon All,

So my new Work wheels finally showed up this week, will mean my existing Rota’s with very nice grippy tyres are up for sale.

Did have a buyer lined up, but unfortunately he’s no longer able to afford them. 

So these are currently in a nice dark copper metallic finish (but can easily be redone in any colour). Looked amazing against black paint, but would work with most colours I reckon (white, red, silver etc). Finish is flawless/as new and these comfortably clear my big K Sport brakes so should be fine for U.K. spec brakes etc. No spacers as far as I am aware. 

Sizes are 8.5 front, 9.5 rear and they are wearing some super grippy Yoko Advan AD08 R’s all round. Front tyres are 235/40/18 and rears are 265/35/18. Fronts were new and have done less than a 100 miles and rears were part used but had 5mm tread and probably still do as my car wasn’t used/was in the bodyshop for best part of a year. No cracks or flat spots as bodyshop moved it around on and off every week. 

These are located in Higham, Kent. Post code is ME3 7JX and I’d prefer collection, but can pass to a Courier if you want to use one and set it all up. Don’t have any boxes big enough to send wheels and tyres, but can wrap in bin bags and tape if needed.

I would like £700 for the set, which I think is a fair price as tyres alone cost me that. Will be available next week for collection and happy to meet somewhere if needed if you can cover petrol.

Any questions, PM or post here.

Cheers.

Pete 🙂 👍

DA1F63A8-F83F-4491-9C87-39CBD0C5430B.jpeg

C4F96F56-2FDE-442F-8C5C-EC371BF34195.jpeg

75409000-DF1A-4CB8-9615-AFF65713EA95.jpeg

F6BF1469-734A-47A1-B65C-E3551B9B6A59.jpeg

B2FF25AE-C47D-4985-B94F-38B01716F0BA.jpeg

58336A39-B2E9-4D71-8C0E-1B0112F52C5F.jpeg

EB0DE1ED-54B9-4FD6-A69E-7024DB4AF4B0.jpeg

9064802C-AF03-4CBA-99E1-CCC21FEF318A.jpeg

1 hour ago, mharvey said:

Those really are lovely. Very motorsport-esque. 

I was pricing up tyres this evening and looking at AD08R's and as you said, they cost as much as your whole package. 

It's rare to see stuff priced so fairly. Good luck with the sale. 

Thank you mate, just trying to help other forum members out by charging a fair amount to help recoup some of the costs. Glad you think it’s a fair price, as don’t want to be silly about it or rip anyone off. If I didn’t have the Work wheels, I’d probably keep them as they are a really nice wheel and pretty lightweight as well. Wasn’t sure how they would look against the grey, but surprisingly they look really good. The fact they clear big brakes as well is a real plus point. 

Fingers crossed someone wants to buy them. 🤞

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Little bump. These finally came off the car today as my replacement wheel arrived. 

Will give them a good clean as still in great condition and not done any real mileage since I advertised them back in September last year.

Will drop the price a little as tyres are older etc, say £600 collected or you can sort a courier from Kent.

Let me know if you’re interested. 🙂 

Cheers.

Pete

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.