The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fault Finding after Fusebox Relocation

Crossy

Fault finding...

I've relocated the battery, fuse box and small relay box from the drivers side all to the boot (1998 Tiptronic TT).

I've been meticulous moving it all and tracking every cable and once finished I have no power to the Dash.
There's power to the inner upper light, and there's power to the Fusebox I relocated.
There's also 12V power to the Starter and alternator as I've ran new cables to these from a Distribution Box and checked with a Multimeter.

Most likely I'm not getting power to the ECU in the footwell? Think I'm also getting no power to the fusebox in the Drivers Footwell. How's best to check for these?

All Earthing and cables seem to be fine but I'm guessing I could be missing a vital earth somewhere.

Any ideas what to start checking first? 🤦‍♂️

Trying to preemptively get some ideas before I trawl the wiring diagrams...

Cheers!

Edited by Crossy
Spelling (see edit history)

Sorted it, been testing through gradually to alleviate potential issues.

2 cables hadn't been extended to a live, which used to go to the Alternator.

However, now upon starting the car, the engine revs immediately towards the limiter; so I've another issue to hunt down.

Getting closer though!

Update...

Car now starts and runs without revving itself to the limiter, Throttle response is also back to normal.

However the car perfectly revs from 1.5k to 2.5k revs constantly in perfect timing periods.

It's VVTI and Drive by Wire.

Anyone ever seen anything like that or had that issue that could steer me in the correct direction before I start taking more things apart again to investigate?

Still progress in the right direction though, slowly getting closer by each day haha

Edited by Crossy (see edit history)

Bit more progress, idling from exactly 1.5k to 2.8k and repeating the process like clockwork has been sorted and I'm now left with the car idling around 1.5k to 1.8k, so think I need to now just adjust the setpoint to bring the idling down! Need to test that tomorrow and see how it takes it.

Hopefully it'll be the end of all of this now though!

• Like 2

All sorted!

The issue lay with incorrect TPS positioning and a faulty Fuel Pump Ground.

Decided to take it out after putting all of the bodywork back together and Interior back in, and ended up 3.5 hours away near Ipswich seeing mates for the weekend.

Got to have faith in your work right 🤨😂

• Like 1