The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Strut brace Groupbuy, Gauging interest

neilg

Right everyone im considering running another groupbuy. Who would be interested in a TRD strut brace if the price is right? Enough interest and ill sort some delivered prices out.

If anyone has any other ideas for groupbuys send me a pm. If there is enough interest in any particular item then Ill see what can be done.

Get your name down below if your interested in the strut braces :ok:

iDunno. If you're going to continue doing these group buys for spark plugs and now strut braces I can see you annoying the traders like MGT and Nic who pay to be here. It doesn't bother me in particular, I just like to see a level playing field.

Im not sure nothing was finalised, wanted to see what interest could be got first.

Ill leave things to you and the other traders to do your bit. End of the day I wasnt setting out to make money and earn a living from it.

I dont see the problem if hes not making any money off it. This is what the club is about isnt it? Surely you expect a service from a trader and thus pay for it.. theres nothing wrong with organising a buy if hes willing to do all the work himself for nothing.

I dont see the problem if hes not making any money off it. This is what the club is about isnt it? Surely you expect a service from a trader and thus pay for it.. theres nothing wrong with organising a buy if hes willing to do all the work himself for nothing.

And would you do it for nothing ?:innocent: If Nic is then fair play I dont know, But I doubt it and why not If he can do good deals and can make money to feed his supe it's all good . It's a fine line between trader and group buy if you ask me.

And would you do it for nothing ?:innocent: If Nic is then fair play I dont know, But I doubt it and why not If he can do good deals and can make money to feed his supe it's all good .

Yes I make a small mark up on the group buy prices, which is one of the main reasons I organise them. This means that members benefit from good deals and I benefit with an acceptable profit.

It's a fine line between trader and group buy if you ask me.

I would agree Mig, as there will always be a trader somewhere in the deal who benefits from the GB's.

No problem at all - but at some stage you have to give the genuine traders a chance to make something - or we have seen when you get 'fly-by-nights' (not saying you would Neil etc)

but at some stage you have to give the genuine traders a chance to make something

No we don't, if the members can get by on self organised group buys where no profit is made ('club spirit') then none of us are obliged to keep you in mink coats and Argos rings etc.

It's a shame people are bullied out of this kind of thing.

I dont want to start arguments here.

The main reason I have done these is to save myself some money.

The plugs I did as me and a mate wanted some. More I bought cheaper they were. Therefore the more people who wanted plugs the cheaper mine would be.

Im currently after a wheel. I whacked one of my brand new 19x10 racing hart wheels. To ship it by itself costs silly money. Get it put on a big shipment and the shipping costs very little.

See where im coming from? Im not wanting to make a fortune just save myself a few quid in the process :ok:

I think that there is a valid argument for both traders and occasional G/B's organised by the members to co exist. But the emphasis here must be on occasional. By that I dont mean that the G/B's are occassional but rather that the person who organises them isn't the same one everytime as that would then indicate an almost "trader like" venture for which trader fees should be paid.

I also think that we, as a group, benefit hugely from the traders too. I for one enjoy the fact that they have regurlarly brought new products to the board, have organised special deals and, in the main, have offered a very good service. I certainly would not like to see us piss them off to the extent that they leave the forum and we have to fend for ourselves by dealing with whoever we can find. Yes they make money, but they also have the grief of sorting out the orders, customs, carriers etc. I am happy to pay for that service.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.