The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windscreen Wiper arm removal

zap

Hi Guys,

What is the easiest way to remove the wiper arms. I bought a universal tool but it won't fit under the plastic fascia, I didn't think it would but it was only a couple of quid so worth a try.

I want to remove the plastic fascia and get it painted as well as paint the wiper arms.

I am assuming that as they are on a tapered spline that will be a bit of a bugger and I don't want to damage the bonnet.

Cheers in advance.

I've always just used some WD-40 on the spline once the bolt is off and *gentle* persuasion to remove the wiper arms, but iirc i didn't need any WD-40 when I took mine off. The fascia/scuttle is attached by 4/5 Phillips screws on the 'grate/mesh' area, two plastic clips which just pull out at either side (near the bonnet hinges) and then 12 (I think) clips under the rubber seal that runs along on top of the bulkhead (that seals against the bonnet when it's closed). The clips under the rubber are actually though the rubber (so the head is in the rubber seal itself) and I found them to be very hard to remove without breaking some along the way. 

Hi Frank, thanks for your input.

I don't know if there is a enough room around the hole in the fascia/scuttle to get the legs of the puller in, the universal puller I already have won't go anywhere near it.

2 hours ago, zap said:

Hi Frank, thanks for your input.

I don't know if there is a enough room around the hole in the fascia/scuttle to get the legs of the puller in, the universal puller I already have won't go anywhere near it.

Managed to fit a small puller on mine which were original to the car so stuck fast. It was the only way I could get them off without damaging anything. Good luck.