The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD LSD who has one?

Chiefgroover

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Im doin mine in Feb/March so trying to get it right first time. which oil did you use? does it need an aditive?

TRD recommend only to use their own diff oil (as they would I guess). Chris Wilson has fitted a few TRD LSD's, so may be worth checking with him.

If you need the TRD oil give me a shout.

well after reading through that lot, ive ordered mine via Terry and Mig the Magician is fitting it for me ( cheers Terry and Mig)

cant wait, with the single setup and the new diff its gonna be like driving a new car! only twice as powerfull

well after reading through that lot, ive ordered mine via Terry and Mig the Magician is fitting it for me ( cheers Terry and Mig)

cant wait, with the single setup and the new diff its gonna be like driving a new car! only twice as powerfull

Am I! :eek:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't find where it says how to check the oil level in the diff. Have I missed it somewhere? There are two plugs one at the back I think for draining it and one at the front higher up for filling. It doesn't seem to fill it very high though?? Is it just a case of topping it up until it spills out on a level surface?