The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential purchase

Assad

30 minutes ago, blythmrk said:

Did you bid without viewing?

If he’s a trader you can take him to court!

Yeah unfortunately, I seen the listing an hour before ending & let the little child in me take over :(

He claims not to be a trader but the log book wasn’t in his name, he has a ‘trading’ business so I am currently looking at the other options. He also claims he has spoke to his Solicitor and ‘I have no chance of winning’

The worst part about it is, I have him the offer of going half on the turbo £200 (there’s a second hand one on eBay) and we would agree to part ways & I’ll sort the car, he refused. That now makes me want to take him to the cleaners

Hi buddy

i know exactly what you mean about the inner child🤣

I would take some advice on the legal side as the law seems to side with the buyer especially if he’s a trader you can always lean on the log book not being in his name or address which in my eyes means he’s a trader! 

if he’s a trader (was the trader part missing of the v5?)

you can apply to the dvla to find the old owners address or do you have that (the old registered address on the log book?)

Keron is great and is very helpful plus there’s a great bunch on the forum who will always help out or offer advice.

it sounds as if your in it for the long haul and have a fund to sort it out so as long as it’s straight and solid I will be good in the end👍

regards

mark

18 minutes ago, keron said:

Definitely a trader. What was his name? Prob used a fake name too anyway like they all do.

I bet he Prob wanted you to meet him in a car park and deal there? 😂

Haha, Luckily banks now check names and he was definitely an ‘Assad’ When you actually sit there and put it all together, I can’t help but think WTF did I do🤣

14 minutes ago, blythmrk said:

Hi buddy

i know exactly what you mean about the inner child🤣

I would take some advice on the legal side as the law seems to side with the buyer especially if he’s a trader you can always lean on the log book not being in his name or address which in my eyes means he’s a trader! 

if he’s a trader (was the trader part missing of the v5?)

you can apply to the dvla to find the old owners address or do you have that (the old registered address on the log book?)

Keron is great and is very helpful plus there’s a great bunch on the forum who will always help out or offer advice.

it sounds as if your in it for the long haul and have a fund to sort it out so as long as it’s straight and solid I will be good in the end👍

regards

mark

Thanks Mark, I have the old logbook with the old keepers details, I have reached out to him on Facebook but it hasn’t been read yet.

That’s where most of my research has led me, he either sold a car that he wasn’t entitled to, sold it as a trader or didn’t declare he was the owner for 8 months...

Thanks for the support guys!

10 hours ago, keron said:

Definitely a trader. What was his name? Prob used a fake name too anyway like they all do.

My brother did that, again in Birmingham. The listing was by a guy called Liam or something, lets just say the guy who came to the door wasn't a Liam lol.

OP my 2 cents worth, if its possible, get rid of it and take your budget to buy a sorted, known car from here. Alternatively you have a known base to make something your own, but parts are getting hard to come buy and pirates are charging the earth for them now.

13 minutes ago, raddys said:

Birmingham or Bradford, just say no 🤣 (no offence to genuine sellers from them areas 🥰)

I always say view the car with an open mind where ever the car is or seller you never know it could be a good one!

I traveled up and down the country when looking for a mk3 turbo 24 years ago to look at these ‘mint’ cars often not even getting out at the other end as they were dog rough from a distance😬

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blythmrk said:

I always say view the car with an open mind where ever the car is or seller you never know it could be a good one!

I traveled up and down the country when looking for a mk3 turbo 24 years ago to look at these ‘mint’ cars often not even getting out at the other end as they were dog rough from a distance😬

Tbh I say that but after looking at around 5 supras when purchasing my second one I actually purchased mine which id consider to be one of the cleanest in the country from a chap in Birmingham, so yes you are dead right.

The one I viewed before it was in Portsmouth which I had high hopes for but it was an absolute dog, after a 600 mile round trip to view it it didn't even have any oil in it, seller didn't even give me my deposit back 😑 you live and learn i suppose.

• Like 2