The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch Options w58

Supra_Scott

Options for w58 gearbox, running NA-t.

Experiences and performance.

Noz

- Stage 5 competition clutch.

Installed before NA-t and run while NA. Holds well, enabled some nice 2nd gear wheel spins. NOT smooth compared to the OEM, easy to stall if your not careful. Runs 373hp ok. But after nearly a year of use, hard starts don't feel as grippy as they once did.

- Competition Lightweight flywheel

Found this definitely increases the rev range faster. Would definitely recommend though I didn't compare before and after I can't comment on any actual performance gains. It felt like it picked up quicker.

I'll add peoples clutch or flywheel options to this first post as I see them :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spec clutch stage 3 - aggressive when moving in slow traffic and from a stop. Very grippy when thrashing it through gears. Blew up on me during a 2nd to 3rd hard shift (while NA)

F1 Racing stage 3 - again aggressive when moving in slow traffic and from a stop. Very grippy when thrashing it though gears. Quite jumpy when down shifting and after about 1000 miles starts squeeling from a stop.

• 11 months later...

I have been running an Eaton 6 Puck paddle clutch for the past 4 years. It's been faultless untill recently, as I am now getting slip in 4th and 5th gear when pushing on at high revs. I've purchased a Spec Stage 3+ to replace the Eaton unit, fingers crossed it can take the abuse and a few more ponies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.