The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Questions Answered Here

• 2 weeks later...

Evening Dave. I just wanted to say thank you for the replies in your Hobbyist Application thread :)

Also. With these Boxes able to take ~600ftlb or torque. How much HP can it take? is there a linear pattern with hp and torque figures?

as you can most likely guess, I am a bit new to this.

Welcome aboard, it was getting lonely down here. :)

Pedalling a bicycle uphill is torque and pedalling downhill is horse power. :think:

Torque is the power measured by a dynometer and horse-power is calculated from that figure.

Petrol engine maximum figures are mostly similar but can be very different.

Here's a link to further explanation.

http://www.driverside.com/auto-library/the_difference_between_horsepower_and_torque-44

Mr. Big Horse Power: "I do it frantically once I get going". :slap:

Mr. Big Torque: "I do it strongly all the way". :slap:

Here's a couple of dynographs showing torque and bhp.

Turbocharged Supra (Not much power under 4k)

attachment.php?attachmentid=157156&d=1346624858

Supercharged Supra (Flat torque-curve with lots of power under 4k)

attachment.php?attachmentid=157157&d=1346625735

• 3 weeks later...

Dave i have been looking at this but its a little unclear what gains are to be had from the T.T auto box being hybrid ?

a little more info on the T.T. upgrade would be great

from what i can gather you make the box run higher preasures thus making clutches clamp harder that about right for the TT box? (obviously the N/A upgrade is making the TT box fit the N/A)

i have seen in a couple of threads that your saying that 700bhp is achievable,

what is needed to achieve this?

maybe be start a thread for TT info and N/A info

It's an N/A-T thing Garry,

Hybridising the transmissions creates a stronger transmission that is compatible with N/A electronics for a Plug & Play fit upgrade with N/A-T.

Using a selection of O.E. components, the T.T. box can be Hybridised to fit and function in a list of other Toyota cars.

Fitting an N/A valve-body increases the line pressure and ups the capability of a T.T. box from 500 ftlb to around 600 ftlb, whatever car it lives in.

Same can be achieved with a stock T.T. installation by spending £Lots? on a modified T.T. valve-body.

Installing Raybestos Blue plates with an extra friction plate in third raises the capability to around 700 ftlb.

Should you still have any questions, send me a pm and I'll provide you with my phone number.

• 1 year later...

If you still have more questions, pm me and I'll send you my telephone number to call and ask.

This offer is not so you can annoy me with micro txt grnts, it's to actually talk in old money.

I DON'T DO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FROM TEXT GIBBERISH.

• 4 months later...
Guest Raven

Maybe someone can provide some insight,

what would the suitability of the hybridized auto be on a track car? I like to try different things and am after new track toy and have a 1UZ auto box lying around and lots of other supra/soarer parts,

If it can hold the revs and change gear when you ask I dont see why it wouldn't be ok with a decent transmission cooler, but it would be nice to know from someone who has suitably abused one!

unfortunately my 1uz supra is now shy of the armco now its been tarted up.... actually it would now suit a hybridised auto but F$%^ me if im doing a manual to auto conversion on that!

A Hybrid transmission deployed in Manu mode is a very useable track weapon, as long as the engines torque-band is wide enough to provide power across the fewer & broader ratios.

1UZ-FE & 1JZ-GTE automatic transmissions are "Supra 2JZA80-GE (N/A) strength", 2JZA80-GTE (T.T.) transmissions are circa 200 lbft stronger.

Strongest combo is; supra T.T. box with N/A hydraulics & electronics.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?gmid=2376&do=discuss#gmessage2376

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jdmjak

hi david, i recently put up a post on the strengths of the w58 and you gave me some information on a w58 mod as well as a link to this page.

i have been reading through some of the threads on here and they are very informative, what i would like to know is if i could utilize one of these boxes on my na-t manual and what sort of cost this would be to me?

im looking to get big numbers eventually and i need a transmission that can support the power and this seems like the cheapest and easiest route considering the other route is a v160 getrag at around 4-6k for a full setup.

if you could maybe give me some information on how to go about doing this and brief cost it would be much appreciated

Thank you. :)

Dazzi posted the list of differences except brake pedal and dash & shifter loom. ;)

"Not seen many do a manual to auto conversion. Can't imagine it'll be too hard. You'll need:

Auto engine harness and ecu

A343/0E Hybrid box

TT auto Flex plate

TT auto Torque Converter

TT auto Propshaft

TT Differential Flange

Auto shifter & rod

Auto clocks?

Auto gear surround?

Auto transmission tunnel? Auto to Manual requires cutting not sure if it will work the other way round?

Possibly some extras ive missed"

Transmission tunnel would need changing, about £70 I think?

See here. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?296229-James-s-DJG-Turbo-Project

Component prices here. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?discussionid=82&do=discuss

Sell your manual Supra for more and buy an auto Supra for less.

• 2 months later...

Well so far on that list I have secured everything apart from the engine loom and ecu will I need to change brake pedal and the shifter and dash wiring as mentioned above?

Damn. May just be easier to get my hands in an auto rather than swapping it from manual to auto.

I will have a na gearbox next month aswell so will be looking at getting my hybrid built up hopefully soon will have to give you a message when I'm free and see about getting it done if that's ok David?

• 3 weeks later...

Very sorry to hear about your problems and for the dumbarse question.

In my defence I am dyslexic and it takes me a good half hour to read just 1 page so in my attempt to speed read I missed the bit where you explained that using the na valve body increases the line pressure over and above the normal line pressure in an unmodified TT auto box.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.