The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SupraVWorld GE to GTE Intake Plenum Adaptor

Nathanj1142

Hey guys,

been following this dude on YouTube for a while now, watching his na-t gte thing... anyways he's released these na-tt intake adaptor plates. Wondering what people's thoughts are on using these as a decent ffim conversion for na-t. the GTE intake plenums + throttle bodies are cheap and i'm presuming leagues ahead of the Chinese GE stuff. Presuming you'd be able to run the GTE throttle cable and factory sensors/plugs too.

https://www.supravworld.com/product-page/2jz-ge-to-gte-intake-plenum-adapter

Cheers!

He's been putting some nice bits and pieces together. Also made up a manifold for the TT sequentials to bolt up to the NA head. I'm liking the look of his dual cam sensor setup if he can get it running, nice and clean setup.

I guess the intake adapter would work quite well as long as the flow from the TT pattern to the NA head isn't to harsh. I've never compared NA to TT intake patterns so I'm not sure how different they are!

This certainly looks interesting and could prove cost effective. My only concern would be his comments regarding the placement of the plenum in relation to the bonnet.

Have you seen the videos he references?

I know i have at some point but it didnt really cross my mind as being an issue so maybe just stating it as a disclaimer? pretty sure you use the NA runners which may be longer than the GTE ones.

The bonnet clearance will be the main issue, not only are the GE lower runners slightly longer than the GTE ones but the actual manifold flange is higher on the cilinder head than a GTE. It might just fit under the stock bonnet but definitely not under something like the Top Secret style vented bonnets.

You can clearly see that the GE ports are much more centered on the head than the GTE ones (hence the better intake flow of a GE head);

attachment.php?attachmentid=237708&stc=1&d=1599515625

attachment.php?attachmentid=237709&stc=1&d=1599515625

8GEinletface.jpg

9GTEinletface.jpg

I reckon itll be fine. It only looks high because the NA cam covers are quite a bit lower than the TT ones.

The NA manifold goes fair high. Different braces might be an issue but I still don't believe it will be.

I'm loving the twin turbo work. Surprised someone hasn't done this sooner.