The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nec classic motor show 13 -15 november 2020

Jak jak

Hi,

Hope everyone is well! Its been a strange year so far, however the NEC Classic Motor Show have got the green light from the Government to stage the show this year. There are lots of measures in place so we can all stay Covid Safe. We have only found out we have been offered a stand, a good spot back in Hall 5. We are encouraged to ensure there are measures in place to distance and assist the Show to deliver a Covid Safe Show. If you want to know more, the link below will advise all the measures.

Covid Measures - https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/covid-measures.

We are one of 180 clubs so far to accept our stand offer. As always we have a discount code for our members to buy reduced tickets. Discount code is in the members section.

It is looking to be the first car event for us this year and is looking to be a good show, they layout is different from previous years, the aisles are wider, sporting bears dream rides will have a static display along with other changes.

If you wish to purchase tickets, please visit WEBSITE : http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com. and don't forget to quote our club discount code.

We are still at early stages of planning so we will let you know what Supra's we will display when sorted.

Jackie

The only thing for sure with this is you and Ian will organise a great showing.

I fear for the viability of this event if punters and exhibitors cannot chat about the cars face to face, touching the metal as they travel through a one way system keeping 2m apart. It'll be a job just to filter people into the event as there have always been large squeezed in masses awaiting the hall opening. Anyone attending this year as one of the paying public is going to have to be a hardcore follower of the classics. Hopefully it doesn't get pulled through lack of ticket sales which could happen if people wait see to just before the event is due to be held.

The only thing for sure with this is you and Ian will organise a great showing.

I fear for the viability of this event if punters and exhibitors cannot chat about the cars face to face, touching the metal as they travel through a one way system keeping 2m apart. It'll be a job just to filter people into the event as there have always been large squeezed in masses awaiting the hall opening. Anyone attending this year as one of the paying public is going to have to be a hardcore follower of the classics. Hopefully it doesn't get pulled through lack of ticket sales which could happen if people wait see to just before the event is due to be held.

Cheers for the kind words Barry, We are organising it as best we can, it will be a strange show this year im expecting it will be quieter than past years but we will see :D

Cheers

-Ian-

This is something I've wanted to attend for years yet always somehow seem to end up either working or busy.

I'd love to be involved as I've actually managed to catch it early this time! Do you take applications towards a spot at the show on the Supra stand or how do you work it?

Thanks,

Sam

If you do get invited its quite a commitment of four days of your time and you'll also have hotel costs. So you need to budget the time and a good amount of money but if you are fortunate enough to be selected the four days (including the setup day) are fun and just fly past. A lot of Supra's go onto SORN now over the winter so the options on fresh metal must be diminishing each year for this November show. A potential problem when the last thing punters want to see is the same cars, same faces every year.

This is something I've wanted to attend for years yet always somehow seem to end up either working or busy.

I'd love to be involved as I've actually managed to catch it early this time! Do you take applications towards a spot at the show on the Supra stand or how do you work it?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam thank you for your interest, you are lucky this year we would have had the cars/hotel/people sorted by now,but with the NEC waiting for the go ahead from the Goverment with Covid 19 etc etc its ran a few months behind, the Hotel is pre booked, We are still deciding on the cars ( 3 ) and looking for people for manning the stand during the show etc etc , Its looking hopeful its going ahead but we haven't had the Stands contract yet off the NEC, we are still going ahead and planning it all with fingers crossed that it indeed goes ahead

Cheers

-Ian-